We are using i.MX6 Processor in our design. Is it required to provide POR reset signal for Processor Core Voltage, or the POR for processor core will be taken care by internal to the processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are using i.MX6 Processor in our design. Is it required to provide POR reset signal for Processor Core Voltage, or the POR for processor core will be taken care by internal to the processor

muralikrishna
Contributor I

We are using i.MX6 Quad Processor in our design. Is it required to provide POR reset signal for Processor Core Voltage, or the POR for processor core will be taken care by internal to the processor.

Kindly conform

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to power up sequence of i.MX6 D/Q external POR signal is not mandatory :

"If the external SRC_POR_B signal is used to control the processor POR, then SRC_POR_B must

be immediately asserted at power-up and remain asserted until the VDD_ARM_CAP,

VDD_SOC_CAP, and VDD_PU_CAP supplies are stable. [...] In the absence of an external reset

feeding the SRC_POR_B input, the internal POR module takes control".

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos