iMX35 eSDHC boot example

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX35 eSDHC boot example

michaelmoran
Contributor I

I am embarking on the journey of booting an iMX35 board from an SD card (eSDHC-1) using the internal boot mode.

After much investigation of the u-boot source code, it appears that I will have the dubious distinction of being the first to try this. Given the age of the iMX35, I find this surprising. However, a quick check of the latest errata turned up nothing that indicates this can't be done.

In my mind, it seems that "all that needs to be done" within the first 2KB (besides filling in the HAB flash header etc) is to use eSDHC-1 to read in the remaining portion of the first stage boot loader from the SD card into internal RAM.

And... given that the internal boot ROM has already initialized eSDHC-1, this should be "easy"... right?

I have no experience with the SD command language, and finding/reading the appropriate parts of that spec is on the agenda.

But a good short-cut "alternative" is to ask this community if they already have an example for this operation... so here it is

Does anyone have any example source code for reading the next "n" blocks from the SD card (in assembler)?

thank you,

mike

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael

for SD boot one can look at attached file and check below tests

IMX35_SDK_LINUX_BSP_TESTS : IMX35 SDK LINUX BSP Validation Tests.

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos