cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE06 48MHz operation

Jump to solution
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I think I already know the answer to this, but it seems that in order to get 48 MHz operation from an external crystal, it is necessary to use a 9.6 MHz crystal, a 19.2 MHz crystal, or an external 48 MHz oscillator, is this correct?  It doesn't appear that this is possible using an 8 MHz or 16 MHz crystal, which are readily available.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David:

I think you are correct, the FLL reference clock divider and the fixed 1280 multiplication factor will not allow you to use 8 MHz or 16 MHz crystal. An alternative would be to use FEI mode and trimming the internal reference clock to 37500 Hz.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David:

I think you are correct, the FLL reference clock divider and the fixed 1280 multiplication factor will not allow you to use 8 MHz or 16 MHz crystal. An alternative would be to use FEI mode and trimming the internal reference clock to 37500 Hz.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Thanks Jorge, I think that seems to be the case.  I don't think the internal oscillator will be stable enough for the application I'm intending.

0 Kudos