Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid and LVDS

Jump to solution
jimma
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working with a TWR VF65GS10 and I would like to connect an ADC with LVDS output to the Vybird,

I'm quite new to high speed ADCs and DACs, so I'm not familiar with how these devices are connected.

I've read the VybridRM but didn't found a lot of information, is there an app note, example or maybe someone have some more information, is this application possible and if yes where can I find more information about it ?

Regards,

Jim.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Jim,

It looks like there is no problem with the "Video Interface like the VIU3 on the Vybrid", right? Thus, let's focus on the "would like to connect an ADC with LVDS output to the Vybird" one. - Formally speaking, you have a peripheral with an LVDS interface that you would like to connect to Vybrid.

Unfortunately, Vybrid only has one LVDS pair of pins (LVDS0) and uses it for clock only, so you will have to convert the peripheral's LVDS interface into the single-ended one of a kind that Vybrid accepts (or simply switch to an ADC with the interface type Vybrid supports...).

Sincerely yours, Naoum Gitnik.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Take a look at Quartz board, there's a LVDS interface on it.

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
jimma
Contributor I

Hello Emmanuel,

I think I've already seen this board before, I don't remember exactly why it didn't corresponds to my needs,

I also need a Video Interface like the VIU3 on the Vybrid.

Jim.

0 Kudos
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Jim,

It looks like there is no problem with the "Video Interface like the VIU3 on the Vybrid", right? Thus, let's focus on the "would like to connect an ADC with LVDS output to the Vybird" one. - Formally speaking, you have a peripheral with an LVDS interface that you would like to connect to Vybrid.

Unfortunately, Vybrid only has one LVDS pair of pins (LVDS0) and uses it for clock only, so you will have to convert the peripheral's LVDS interface into the single-ended one of a kind that Vybrid accepts (or simply switch to an ADC with the interface type Vybrid supports...).

Sincerely yours, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello Jim,

Their board use a  SN75LVDS84A to convert RGB into LVDS.

Look at TI, there's many LVDS lines driver and SERDES.

What do you plan to do exactly ?

0 Kudos