Processor Expert

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert

Jep
Contributor I

I have been using CW v10.5 for sometime but up until now only editing older code which allows me access to the processor hardware through PE . Today I have started a new project and to my dismay I cannot select Project Expert, the selection button is greyed out when I try to make a new project .. and I get this cryptic message to see readme.txt under project.

Could someone tell me the trick to enabling PE please .. Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

can you post that message?

0 Kudos

Jep
Contributor I

Hello Erich

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached a screen grab of the popup that occurs during the project creation.

As you can see it wont allow me to select PE and the message at the bottom is useless.

OK, just noticed this error in the problems tab about processor expert .. no license .. I dont understand

I thought PE came with this Special suite that I use .. well it did with all of the others.

I really hope that you can steer me in the right direction.

Oh and by the way I downloaded the latest CW Eclipse SE V10.6 and am using that now .. well trying to 

Thanks again

Jeff

CW capture.JPG.jpg

CW2 capture.JPG.jpg

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

for which microcontroller you want to create a project? If that option is grayed out, it seems that it is not supported by Processor Expert for some reason.

Erich

0 Kudos

Jep
Contributor I

Hi Erich

I use the MC9S08SH8 and the MC9S08AC32 mostly in my designs .. when I start a new project CW certainly gives me the option of selecting these processors.

It all worked fabulously until I upgraded to V10.5 I guess I just didnt know as I had only ever made changes to code from when I had upgraded not actually started a new project.

So what do you make of the message seeing the readme txt to find out how to enable PE ??

Also I use assembler to program .. dont know if that makes a difference now

Please help because I have a getting urgent project to start

Regards Jeff

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

I've 2 versions:

MCU V10.5 and MCU V10.6

To be running each installation must be done on a specific folder for instance:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.5

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6

Under these 2 versions I'm able to create the project for S08SH8 and S08AC32 with Processor Expert.

Now if you select Relocatable Assembly source code only -> this means un-check C, the Processor Expert can not be selected anymore.

Processor Expert generates C code only and not assembly.

Have a great day,
Pascal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Jep
Contributor I

Hello Pascal

So are you telling me that I cannot use processor expert if I select relocatable or absolute assembler ... OK

CW capture.JPG.jpg

Please look again at this picture and the the message in the box above

"No device initialization code is generated. Only generates start up code. See readme.txt in project how Processor Expert can be enabled (If not done here)

So Pascal .. where is this readme.txt file located .. Ive tried .. but you are the guru .. over to you

Regards

JEff

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

Hum ...

It seems the readme file is not existing anymore and don't know if it was really included in the past.

Now to add Procesor Expert in existing project you must:

File + New + Other...

Processor Expert -> Enable processor expert for existing c project

Then PE will be added in the project ... but

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Warning

Note that in most cases this conversion involves necessary

manual changes in the application code, because for example

the register interrupt vectors table definitions created by the

user often conflicts with Processor Expert definitions. Don't

forget to backup the whole project before the conversion. Some

files will have to be removed from the project. The conversion

to Processor Expert is recommended to experienced users only.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

There are more information in the ProcessorExpertHelp.pdf manual

Page 163 the chapter "3.7 Converting project to use Processor Expert"

Have a great day,
Pascal

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Jep
Contributor I

Thanks Pascal

This information doesnt really help. I have told you I dont program in C ..

The software WONT ALLOW me to add processor expert.

These steps

Now to add Procesor Expert in existing project you must:

File + New + Other...

Processor Expert -> Enable processor expert for existing project

CANT be done in an assembler project .. ALL options to enable it are greyed out

And I dont need to know how to add PE to a C project because I dont program in C and if I did I would simply select PE at the start.

Thank You

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

Processor Expert generates code in C only.

So adding PE  which includes C code only in Assembly project is it really interesting ?

However on my MCU V10.6 I can add Processor Expert in an application created for Relocatable Assembly only.

Now is it really usable ?

I don't think - You need to change the main.asm file ...

I think the better solution is to add PE in a mixed C and Relocatable Assembly project.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos