cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Aware Debugging

Jump to solution
kecart
Contributor III

I am using CWuC 10.6 and MQX 4.1 to develop Kinetis projects.  The "MQX Lightweight Memory Blocks" tab shows Address, Size Hex, Size Dec., xOwner, and Type.  Some time in the past (very old Codewarrior IDE/MQX) the Type field had a text description that was displayed based on the content of the mqx.tad file.  Is it possible to get that text description back in the IDE?  Also, some blocks can be expanded and decoded.  Is it possible to enable decoding of user defined Types?

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kecart
Contributor III

This is a Windows 7 x64 machine.  The installation places the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Freescale\Freescale MQX\4.1 key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Freescale\Freescale MQX\4.1 instead.

This does not seem to be the issue.  It appears to be related to the cloned bsp that I made which uses the MK61F120 instead of the MK60F120 that I cloned it from.  Most of the debugging works fine but the number to string translation isn't happening.  I am investigating further and will post the results if I determine the cause.

UPDATE: Setting Optimization for the PSP project to Optimize size (-Os) causes some of the variables used by TAD to be optimized out.  This was the root cause of the TAD not displaying the text associated with the fields.  Changing to Optimize none (-O0) FOR THE PSP PROJECT ONLY corrects this issue.  I have attached my suggested changes to mqx.c as a patch file created with svn.  It is a text file that you can open and see the changes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It seems the MQX Debugger extension (TAD) is not able to locate the MQX string file to translate numbers to text. Most probably the path to MQX is not set correctly in the Windows Registry.

You can try to fix it:

•            Run the regedit tool and locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Freescale\Freescale MQX\4.1 key.

•            Check the registry variable PATH in that key. The variable should point to the installed MQX 4.1.

•            The debugger wants to load the file at: [PATH]\tools\tad\mqx.tad. Make sure this file exists.

if it does not help, please post the screenshot of the "TAD Diagnostics" in the "Check for Errors" view in the MQX menu during an active debugger session.

Best Regards,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
kecart
Contributor III

This is a Windows 7 x64 machine.  The installation places the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Freescale\Freescale MQX\4.1 key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Freescale\Freescale MQX\4.1 instead.

This does not seem to be the issue.  It appears to be related to the cloned bsp that I made which uses the MK61F120 instead of the MK60F120 that I cloned it from.  Most of the debugging works fine but the number to string translation isn't happening.  I am investigating further and will post the results if I determine the cause.

UPDATE: Setting Optimization for the PSP project to Optimize size (-Os) causes some of the variables used by TAD to be optimized out.  This was the root cause of the TAD not displaying the text associated with the fields.  Changing to Optimize none (-O0) FOR THE PSP PROJECT ONLY corrects this issue.  I have attached my suggested changes to mqx.c as a patch file created with svn.  It is a text file that you can open and see the changes.

0 Kudos