MK12DN512VLH5 with no FlexMemory - how big are the logical program FLASH blocks (to erase/program them during runtime while the code is always running from this FLASH too)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK12DN512VLH5 with no FlexMemory - how big are the logical program FLASH blocks (to erase/program them during runtime while the code is always running from this FLASH too)?

Jump to solution
hexman
Contributor II

Hi, I plan to use an MK12DN512VLH5 with 512KB of program FLASH and no FlexMemory. My question is, whether I can use say 16KB of it for firmware (instructions and data always executed from the 16KB portion of the FLASH) and the rest for data logging. K12 Sub-family Reference Manual says:"Read access to one logical program FLASH block is possible while programming or erasing data in the other logical program FLASH block." How big is the logical program FLASH block in the MK12DN512VLH5 in this situation/context? Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello hexman:

Your device has 2 P-Flash blocks, each one of 256 KB. The addresses are described in the Reference Manual K12P64M50SF4RM:

Flash_blocks.png

So you can execute code or read variables from one of these blocks while writing or erasing the other.

Hope this helps.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hexman
Contributor II

Hi Jorge, thank you for the quick reply! It seems I will have to have a copy of code and interrupt vectors in both FLASH blocks to be able to use the rest of FLASH for logging... Nice. The easier variant would be to use the lower 256KB just for the code, and the upper one for logging.

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello hexman:

Your device has 2 P-Flash blocks, each one of 256 KB. The addresses are described in the Reference Manual K12P64M50SF4RM:

Flash_blocks.png

So you can execute code or read variables from one of these blocks while writing or erasing the other.

Hope this helps.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos