cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Launching Debugger in KDS 1.0.1

dvona
Contributor II

Hello, 

I just installed KDS 1.0.1 and attempting to connect to a FRDM-KL25Z.  Everything worked up until I try to connect with the debugger.  I have followed the QSG and tried both the P&E and MBED options.  Here is the OpenSDA example where it sees the USB1 port.

12360_12360.gifSetup.GIF.gif

Here is the error

12361_12361.gifError.GIF.gif

I watched the tutorial video and followed it exactly up until the first Debug launch.

Any idea what this error is indicating?  I am encouraged that KDS sees the debug hardware when I install it, but the error isn't giving me enough information to figure out where the problem is.

Thanks,

-Dan

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I had the same problem, but I didn't see a double semicolon in my PATH variable.  I had to put the line

C:\Freescale\KDS_1.0.1\toolchain\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe

in the executable line for the debugger GDB client settings.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Interesting! Could you share your PATH content? Maybe something else is causing this?

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Here it is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\NOTES\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\NOTES\DATA\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;c:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\Bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Extractor;C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Extractor\bin

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is that the output of

set PATH

on the cmd.exe/console? I see that there are several % items not resolved, maybe this is the issue?

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

That was the setting in Control Panel.  Here is the output from the console (echo %PATH%):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\NOTES\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\NOTES\DATA\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;c:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\Bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Extractor;C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Extractor\bin

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for sharing. And indeed, I don't see anything which could be causing that problem. I thought first that the dot with dash in one path might be a problem, but when I tried this on my side, that was ok too. So I have no clue, it must be something different. Well, at least you have it working with the absolute path, so not a big deal I hope.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it could be that you have a problem with your PATH variable on Windows (double ;; ?). See the release notes Kinetis Design Studio V1.0.1 Beta Release Notes and search for "--version".

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos