cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Protect

bernardsheridan
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a Nest Protect and believe it uses a modified Kinetis K60. I'm having some difficulty getting any more technical information from Nest on the device and specifically want to know what the 4pins are used for beside the USB port for a research project. You can see the 4pins in a tear-down here: https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/GZbXFZPeoR3kGrl2.huge

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

Hello Bernard:

As long as this is not a Freescale's board design only Nest can tell you how they program their device and what for are those pins are used.

Have a nice day,
Perla Moncada

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bernardsheridan
Contributor I

Hi Perla,

Thanks for the reply! I did get onto Nest first, however they said they couldn't release any more information about the hardware design other than what was available on their site.

This teardown does state that it uses a Kinetis K60 however: Nest Protect Teardown - Learn.SFE, so is there no more information I can get from Freescale about the hardware that this device uses?

Thanks...

0 Kudos