Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping to TWRK64F120M not working

Jump to solution
Mangesh_Edake
Contributor II

Dear All,

I have a TWRK64F120M board.

But I am NOT able to ping the TWR board.

I doubt on the JUMPER settings.

As per  “TWR-K64F120M Tower Module User’s Guide” (TWRK64F120MUG.pdf)

Section 6.15 Ethernet and 1588

Table 5. Ethernet operation jumper settings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TWR-K64                J32          -                ON

“ “                       J33          -                OFF

TWR-SER               J2             -                3-4

“ “                     J3             -                2-3

“ “                      J11           -                9-10       (THESE PINS ARE ABSENT IN J11)

Now,

1. With default settings (MII Mode):  Board detects link (cable plugged in), static IP is assigned, but it doesn’t ping.

With DHCP, it doesn’t even obtain an IP address.

1. With above Table-5 settings (RMII Mode):  Board even doesn’t detect link (RJ45 LEDs do not blink, when cable is plugged in)  

I observed that BSP initializes MAC in RMII mode.

May be I am doing something wrong or my understanding is wrong.

So I request to please guide me and correct me if in case I am wrong or missing any crucial step.

I appreciate your help and support.

Thanking you,

--

Mangesh Edake

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

Hi Mangesh;

It seems this is a documentation errata, I check on the FSL_MQX_getting_started for RMII configuration, below you will find the instructions and RMII communication mode is enabled on J12 with 9-10 pins connection, please see below:

To enable Ethernet communication (use with TWR-SER):

• TWR-K53N512 - Jumper 11 on position 2-3 – processor clock taken from the TWR-SER board. Jumper 32 on position 1-2, jumper 33 on position 1-2
  • TWR-SER CLK_SEL 3-4
  • TWR-SER CLKIN-SEL 2-3 (processor clock is taken from PHY)
  • TWR-SER – ETH-CONFIG J12 9-10 to select RMII communication mode

Have a nice day,
Perla Moncada

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

Hi Mangesh;

It seems this is a documentation errata, I check on the FSL_MQX_getting_started for RMII configuration, below you will find the instructions and RMII communication mode is enabled on J12 with 9-10 pins connection, please see below:

To enable Ethernet communication (use with TWR-SER):

• TWR-K53N512 - Jumper 11 on position 2-3 – processor clock taken from the TWR-SER board. Jumper 32 on position 1-2, jumper 33 on position 1-2
  • TWR-SER CLK_SEL 3-4
  • TWR-SER CLKIN-SEL 2-3 (processor clock is taken from PHY)
  • TWR-SER – ETH-CONFIG J12 9-10 to select RMII communication mode

Have a nice day,
Perla Moncada

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!