Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Power Wakeup using TSI in PEx

Jump to solution
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi All,

Can anyone share a kinetis example on how to use tsi as interrupt when wakeup from any of the lowpower modes using a processor expert? Cant find a good example yet.:smileysad:

Thanks in advance..:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Here is an example for the KL46. In this example the core is moved to VLPR (Very Low Power Run) mode via the interrupt of the SW1 and you can send it back to normal run mode touching the slider; a led is constantly blinking and you can see that when the core is moved to VLPR the led blinks slower, this is because that in VLPR the max frequency is 4MHz.

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Which device or board are you using?

Regards,

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply.

Im using a kl25z freedom board. I saw some examples in tss, but its not using a processor expert.

Hope someone has an example.:smileyhappy:

Thanks.

0 Kudos
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

There is a errata with the TSI using Low Power modes.

e5515: TSI: The end of scan flag is not automatically cleared when continuously

scanning

Description: The TSI requires the end of scan flag (TSIx_GENCS[EOSF]) to be cleared after each scan.

This prevents the out of range interrupt from being available in continuous scanning as each

scan needs the TSIx_GENCS[EOSF] bit to be cleared by software. This limits the TSI from

providing an optimal low power wake-up capability.

Basically it is that the KL25 can not be woken up via TSI. Probably this affect the requirements of your project, if not, the workaround shown in the errata document could be implemented.

Errata documentation:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/errata/KINETIS_L_1N97F.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Erra...

Best regards.

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

How about using it in another mcu, let say kl15 etc? Basically, I just want to have an idea how to implement such interrupt using processor expert, not necessarily using it only in kl25. So any example using any mcu, as long as it is done in PEx would be a great help.. :smileyhappy:

Thanks again Adrian..

0 Kudos
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Here is an example for the KL46. In this example the core is moved to VLPR (Very Low Power Run) mode via the interrupt of the SW1 and you can send it back to normal run mode touching the slider; a led is constantly blinking and you can see that when the core is moved to VLPR the led blinks slower, this is because that in VLPR the max frequency is 4MHz.

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

0 Kudos
PabloBaena
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Please could you give us details on version of KDS that was used for the project, also other needed settings for building binary.  I've tried with KDS 2.0.0 and KDS 3.0.0 but is not even launching compile process. Thanks in advance,  Pablo.

compile.pngcompile2.png

0 Kudos
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pablo,

The code was developed for CW 10.6 using Processor Expert.

Hoe this helps.

Regards,

Adrian Sanchez Cano

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Your example was very helpful for me. Can you also give an example how to wakeup from lls using tsi. I really dont know how to configure it in Processor Expert.

Im using kl15 for this project. I hope you can help me.

Thank you and best regards,

Javer

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

This is very helpful Adrian..

Thanks a lot..:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Cant find any attachment..