Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems about Codewarrior connect to P2020rdb

Jump to solution
敏赵
Contributor I

Hi,

I use codewarrior(CW for power architecture( V10.3)) connect P2020RDB-PC. I can download a 32-bit u-boot to my p2020rdb board. But now my u-boot is 36-bit.

How can I build a project match to the 36-bit uboot?Is the any different?What's more how should I set the base address and target RAM?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, you don't have to debug uboot if this is not your scope.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you only want to program 36bit u-boot to NOR Flash, please use the sample project for 32 bit, and program u-boot at the same section of NOR Flash.

If you want to debug 36bit u-boot with CodeWarrior, you need to use 36bit u-boot debug initialization and memory configuration files, for details please refer to the section "U-Boot Debug from NOR Flash" in D:\Freescale\CW PA v10.3\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

敏赵
Contributor I

My situation is that

I an designing a product using p2020cpu refering to the design of p2020rdb-pc. I have 4GB DDR, 1G Nor Flash and no PCI.

I have a 36-bit u-boot which memory map is:

0x0_0000_0000  0xf_ffff_ffff   DDR

0x1_e000_0000  0x1_e00f_ffff  CCSRBAR                                            

0xf_c000_0000   0xf_ffff_ffff     NOR  (0xf_eff8_0000 uboot)

I want to download the uboot to my board.

I want to know whether the memory map in Codewarrior should be match to the memory map in uboot or not?

The NOR base address is assigned in  0xf_c000_0000, can it work?

I can't understand the meaning of debug 36bit uboot with CodeWarrior, do I need to do it?

Thank you very much. 

Best regards,

Min Zhao

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To download uboot on target board, just use a stationary project for p2020rdb, as already Yiping suggest to you. Please take a look on this document, CodeWarrior U-Boot Debugging, for details about uboot debugging using CodeWarrior.

Adrian

敏赵
Contributor I

Did I need to debug uboot? What can I get after debug uboot?

Best regards,

Min Zhao

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, you don't have to debug uboot if this is not your scope.

Adrian

0 Kudos