Hardware communication issues with coldfire V1 MCF51JM128

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware communication issues with coldfire V1 MCF51JM128

yomioye2006
Contributor I

I would like someone to please look at this code particularly the portserial files and interrupts to determine what  I'm doing wrong. I was finally able to build the code but unable to communicate to it. When I attempt to debug, it hangs up on an exception. The code is attached. Thanks

Original Attachment has been moved to: mb_6_6_2014.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yomi,

Very sorry for the delay.

My colleague Li has logged the problem under the SR 1-1617271101.

Li will investigate the problem.

I don't have experience with Modbus.

The asm_exception_handler() is used when the ISR is not defined in the application.

This is the default function used by ISR.

So if your application fall inside this function, this means an ISR which is not defined in your application is generated.

Have a great day,
Pascal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi, please accept my apology for the time it has taken us to get back to you on this issue.

I've tried your project on my side, it seems works (I did not connect the target MCF51JM128 board to a serial port).

and I did not see the problem hanging up on an exception.

if your problem still remains, then, could you please let me know the steps to reproduce your problem.

it would be better if you could upload an image showing the problem.

0 Kudos

yomioye2006
Contributor I

Hi Yong,

I'm unable to generate any responses from the Modbus poll I'm using. It doesn't bseem to talk back or even recognise the communication. When i debug I hang up at this exception pasted below at line link a6, #0. what cpould be the issue? I'm using the latest codearrior 10.6 and debugger. Can you please look at my hardware settings? Thanks.

derivative_interrupt(stackFrameVector);

break;

}

}

asm  __declspec(register_abi) void asm_exception_handler(void)

{

link     a6,#0

lea     -20(sp), sp

movem.l d0-d2/a0-a1, (sp)

lea     24(sp),a0   // A0 point to exception stack frame on the stack

jsr     mcf_exception_handler

movem.l (sp), d0-d2/a0-a1

lea     20(sp), sp

unlk a6

rte

}

typedef void (* vectorTableEntryType)(void);