PWRON signal from iMX6 to PMIC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWRON signal from iMX6 to PMIC

inmaku
Contributor III

Our iMX6 board uses the quad-core and the PMIC0100. The CPU sends out the PWRON Signal to the PMIC, when it is ready to start-up.The data sheet says tha there is a typical delay of 1ms - user determined delay. But our PWRON Signal is practically identical with the VSNVS voltage. Did I miss something here?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

inmaku
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Well, you just refer to the data sheet, but this doesn't correlate with what I observe on my board. Further, the data sheet mentiones a typical user determined delay of 1ms: How can I manipulate this user determined delay? External delay gate or RC filter? All the reference designs do not show any additional circuitry - so where is this 1ms coming from?

0 Kudos

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ingo,

Sorry I didn't explain. As you can see in table 11, the timing between VSNVS and PWRON is defined by the user. PWRON is actually an input to the PF0100, so this timing depends on what you have externally connected to both VSNVS and PWRON, but it doesn't mean you need 1ms for the device to work properly.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ingo,

Please see figure 6 and table 11 of the PF0100 datasheet located here:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/analog/doc/data_sheet/MMPF0100.pdf?&Parent_nodeId=13289162943847001...

They explain the behavior of VSNVS startup. Plesae let me know if you have more questions.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos