cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to download u-boot source which have been patched by freescale

利龙李
Contributor I

Hello,

My board is P1010RDB, I can not find U-BOOT source that fits for p1010rdb. I want to know, how can I get it?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies

emmedve1
Contributor I

The Freescale U-Boot tree is: git://git.freescale.com/ppc/sdk/u-boot.git however, P1010RDB support should be already upstream: git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git

0 Kudos

利龙李
Contributor I

Hello,

There are so many versions about uboot, which is fits for p1010rdb? How can I do to get the u-boot.bin and u-boot.elf?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos

emmedve1
Contributor I

1. What specific P1010 RDB do you have?

2. From where do you want your board to boot: NOR, NAND, SPI, etc.

3. How much memory does your board have?

With the answers to these questions run:

$ ./MAKEALL --board p1010rdb --list
P1010RDB-PA_36BIT_NAND
P1010RDB-PA_36BIT_NAND_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PA_36BIT_NOR
P1010RDB-PA_36BIT_NOR_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PA_36BIT_SDCARD
P1010RDB-PA_36BIT_SPIFLASH
P1010RDB-PA_36BIT_SPIFLASH_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PA_NAND
P1010RDB-PA_NAND_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PA_NOR
P1010RDB-PA_NOR_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PA_SDCARD
P1010RDB-PA_SPIFLASH
P1010RDB-PA_SPIFLASH_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PB_36BIT_NAND
P1010RDB-PB_36BIT_NAND_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PB_36BIT_NOR
P1010RDB-PB_36BIT_NOR_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PB_36BIT_SDCARD
P1010RDB-PB_36BIT_SPIFLASH
P1010RDB-PB_36BIT_SPIFLASH_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PB_NAND
P1010RDB-PB_NAND_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PB_NOR
P1010RDB-PB_NOR_SECBOOT
P1010RDB-PB_SDCARD
P1010RDB-PB_SPIFLASH
P1010RDB-PB_SPIFLASH_SECBOOT

and choose the target appropriate for your board/application. Of course you'll need a cross-toolchain to actually do the build

If you download the latest SDK ISO, it should contain pre-built images (and toolchain for the matter)

0 Kudos

利龙李
Contributor I

Hello,

How to use the lables you provided above.

In u-boot-201.06's root directory, run

make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux- P1010RDB-PA_NAND_config

make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-

can this build the u-boot.bin???

And,the different between P1010RDB-PA and P1010RDB-PB.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

P1010RDB-PA integrates 32M NAND Flash K9F5608U0D, P1010RDB-PB integrates 2G NAND Flash MT29F16G08ABABAWP.

For P1010RDB-PA, the latest Linux SDK release is SDK 1.4, which could be download from Freescale Linux SDK for QorIQ Processors, v1.4 and related releases, and please download both Source and E500V2 Cache Binary ISOs.

You also could find pre-built image ISO from the above link, if you want to build images by yourself you could follow chapter 2 in QorIQ_SDK_Infocenter.pdf in Source ISO to setup Yocto environment.

You can use the command "bitbake u-boot -c patch -f" to exact u-boot source in build_<platform>_release/tmp/work/<platform>-fsl_networing-linux/uboot.

About your build commands, it seems that CROSS_COMPILE (Toolchain prefix) is not correct, you could find it from Toolchain install folder, and you also need to export Toolchain path before use it.

Any way, I still suggest you use SDK 1.4.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

利龙李
Contributor I

Thank you for your replay.

From your name, are you a chinese.

I have installed sdkv1.2 in my linux systerm. Also I used yocto build the u-boot and get the uboot.bin , but I want to debug the uboot use the CW, but I can't find the u-boot.elf.

As above, how to use the Source and E500V2 Cache Binary ISOs? I install the yocto from the Source ISO, what is E500V2 Cache Binary ISO?How to use it??

thank you!

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I checked SDK 1.2 document, u-boot source should be located in

build_<platform>_release/tmp/work/<platform>-fsl-linux/u-boot-git-r*.

You need to install both Source an Cache Binary ISOs in the same path, the Cache Binary ISO is used to accelerate the building, otherwise it will be slow.

In addition, it's better to add build u-boot with CONFIG_CW enabled.

$ bitbake -c cleansstate u-boot

Modify u-boot_git.bb file and add following content in u-boot_git.bb file:

$ cd meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-kernel/u-boot

add 'EXTRA_OEMAKE += "CONFIG_CW=1"' in u-boot_git.bb file

Rebuild u-boot:

$ bitbake u-boot

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

利龙李
Contributor I

Dear Yiping Wang,

Thanks for your help,but now I have more prombles:

1)you say install both Source an Cache Binary ISOs in the same path,you mean install them in QorIQ-XXXXXX-yocto???

2)  add build u-boot with CONFIG_CW enabled in u-boot_git.bb file, I don't kown where add it to this file, begin, end???

3) when I rebuild the u-boot, where I can find the file that include "the CONFIG_CW". How can I use it?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. After mount the ISO and execute "./install", you will be asked where to install the ISO, please specify the same path(for example ~/test) for both ISO installation.

2. Please add this option as the following.

EXTRA_OEMAKE = 'CROSS_COMPILE=${CROSS_COMPILE} CC="${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc ${TOOLCHAIN_OPTIONS}"'

EXTRA_OEMAKE += "CONFIG_CW=1"

3. You could get u-boot(elf) and u-boot.bin with CodeWarrior support in u-boot source folder as I mentioned previously.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

you can edit the uboot build option in .config file from uboot folder (in your case QorIQ-SDK-V1.2-20120614-yocto\build_p1010rdb_release\tmp\work\p1010rdb-fsl-linux-gnuspe\u-boot-git-r17\git). Note that this file is hidden.

Adrian

0 Kudos

利龙李
Contributor I

"I checked SDK 1.2 document",which document could you tell me, And bitbake document guide.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You could get more information from QorIQ_SDK_Infocenter.pdf in sdk_documentation\pdf of the source ISO, please refer to chapter 2 Yocto Getting start.

About u-boot not working, please check whether you have flashed u-boot to the correct address and the target switch settings.

0 Kudos

利龙李
Contributor I

Dear Wang,

Now I want to build u-boot to get the u-boot.bin by myself but not use skd-yocto.

Under the help of the freescale community and engineers,use the bitbake u-boot, I bulid the u-boot successfully, and find the uboot source in QorIQ-SDK-V1.2-20120614-yocto\build_p1010rdb_release\tmp\work\p1010rdb-fsl-linux-gnuspe\u-boot-git-r17\git;And I find .o/.bin in P1010RDB_NAND that the P1010RDB must have; P1010RDB_NAND is generated by SDK-yocto,my question is how to build the u-boot by myself but not use sdk-yocto; Like this situation how can I do it.

I've installed the cross tool chain in /opt/fsl/1.1/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe,also modify the path.

Now I want to use uboot source in the linux system manually using a cross compiler tool chain to make uboot generate uboot.bin.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From uboot folder (in your case QorIQ-SDK-V1.2-20120614-yocto\build_p1010rdb_release\tmp\work\p1010rdb-fsl-linux-gnuspe\u-boot-git-r17\git) you have to run the following commands:

$ export ARCH=powerpc

$ export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/fsl/1.1/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe-

$ make P1010RDB-NAND

or you can use:

$ bitbake u-boot

Adrian

0 Kudos

利龙李
Contributor I

Hello, Adrian

I have get the u-boot-nand.bin use the sdk-yocto, Now I want to know how to build u-boot.bin using" make" operation in linux. I don't want to use sdk-yocto to build u-boot.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As I say in the above post you can use:

From uboot folder (in your case QorIQ-SDK-V1.2-20120614-yocto\build_p1010rdb_release\tmp\work\p1010rdb-fsl-linux-gnuspe\u-boot-git-r17\git) you have to run the following commands:

$ export ARCH=powerpc

$ export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/fsl/1.1/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe-

$ make P1010RDB-NAND

Adrian

0 Kudos

利龙李
Contributor I

Hello,Adrian

Thank you for your help, under your guide I  build the u-boot successfully.

But I don't know "make P1010RDB_NAND", which file include "P1010RDB_NAND", In Makfile???

If I want to make changes to uboot, to add your own code to the u-boot source code, how to configure the settings file.

And ".config" I can't find.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

利龙李
Contributor I

Thank you for your replay.

I download uboot.bin to 0x00000000,and set boot from nandflash.

0 Kudos

利龙李
Contributor I

Thank you very much!

I am a chinese. Form your name, I guess you are chinese too. I am sorry to guess, I mean could you give me your email, I tried to send email using freescale.com but failed.

I have find the u-boot.bin and u-boot in your build_<platform>_release/tmp/work/<platform>-fsl-linux/u-boot-git-r*,but when I download the u-boot.bin to my p1010RDB board,but the u-boot.bin not work!!

I really appreciate you answering my questions so cored,Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please take a look on this application note, about Uboot debug using CodeWarrior: CodeWarrior U-Boot Debugging. The uboot elf file is generated in the same folder with uboot.bin, but is generated without .elf extension.

Adrian

0 Kudos