cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help using the MC68HC908GP32

Mari_o
Contributor I
    Hello.

I am using the MC68HC908GP32 microcontroller, but i am using this 40 pin package with a kit, i mean the MCU with serial ports, LCD, push buttons, leds, etc.So my question is how can i use only the microcontroller with crystal, capacitors and the components needed in order to get it run by its own. What should i do to program it? and what are the minimum components to get it run, because i need to save space. Thank you very much.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Mari_o
Contributor I
Hello! I am having problems recieving from the computer via serial using Labview. I am working with MC68HC908GP32 MCU and  i would like to get an example  code in Codewarrior, easy to understand in order to receive any data from the computer to the MCU. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos

Mari_o
Contributor I
Hi! i am trying to programme the microcontroller i know the S19 file contains the code, i´d like to
programme through the serial pins of the MCU, so i need to know how to read the code from the memory in order to get it for programming. Thank you very much
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi and welcome,

To get a GP to run you only need a power supply and a clock.
You can run on a high frequency crystal or a low frequency one (32kHz) and the PLL.
If you use the PLL you need additional filter components on the CGMXFC pin.
To program it you can use a MON08 interface or a serial port and a serial monitor.
If you use the serial monitor, you still need to programme this in via the MON08 interface initially.
Probably your first move is to sit down and read the GP32's data sheet which is available on the GP32's product page on this site. This should hopefully answer most of your questions, if not, ask them here.

0 Kudos