MCF5225X Connectivity lab

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF5225X Connectivity lab

MWMinor
Contributor V

Has anyone else experienced problems with the FTP section (lab 4) within the MQX Tower kit connectivity lab.

I have worked though everything else and seems ok - but I cant get passed the login to FTP - the system insists on a user name and password.

I tried "developer" and "freescale" but although this seemed to let me log in, there were no files found.

I'm using CW10.4.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

I just tested MQX4.1 for the TWR-MCF52259 tower kit.

I compiled the RTOS then opened the respective web_hvac demo.

In the hvac.h header, you should only have one network service enabled.  Since ColdFire MCF52259 only has 64KByes SRAM, if you have more than one network service enabled you probably are running out of heap.

With just the FTP server enabled, my heap is 94% used.

I used FileZilla FTP Client which is nice as I could enter the Username and Password into GUI, set the host to the "ipconfig dhcp" resulting value and access the USB stick attached.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

MWMinor
Contributor V

Hello David

Many thanks for your reply, your support is very much appreciated as I have been struggling with this problem for some time now.

The lab tutorial where things go wrong is 3 not 4. sorry.

I've checked the hvac.h file and only USB, RTCS and FTP are enabled.

I struggle getting past the password screen although if I use 'developer' with the password 'freescale' I seem to log in but can list any directories or files.

I've tried Filezilla FTP client but that returns the same errors - needs a login or developer works but doesn't see any files.

Thanks again for the help

Ken

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

What does your terminal window look like?

Mine looks like following:

Shell (build: Jun  5 2014) Copyright (c) 2013 Freescale Semiconductor; shell> shell> FTP Server Started. Root directory is set to "c:", login: "developer", password: "freescale".

************************************************************************ Vendor Information:     LG       Mass Storage Device Product Identification: USB Drive       Product Revision Level: 1100 ************************************************************************ Installing MFS over USB device... USB device installed to c:

shell> shell>

Do you see your USB stick mount and indicate which drive letter it is using?

Need to make sure the code is pointing to the same root directory for the ftp server.

In MQX4.1 the drive letter should default to "c:".

Check in RTCS.c around line 155-ish for:

#if DEMOCFG_ENABLE_FTP_SERVER

{

FTPSRV_PARAM_STRUCT  params = {0};

uint32_t             ftpsrv_handle;

#if RTCSCFG_ENABLE_IP4

params.af |= AF_INET;

#endif

#if RTCSCFG_ENABLE_IP6

params.af |= AF_INET6;

#endif

params.auth_table = (FTPSRV_AUTH_STRUCT*) ftpsrv_users;

params.root_dir = "c:";   //DES was "c:";...."c:" is USB stick.  "a:" is SD Card...what FTF client to access SD Card for our example

Mostly ignore my comments about drive letter as I modified the demo working on Kinetis to access USB and SD Card.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi David

Thanks for getting back to me.

I looked at the terminal window and did see a slight difference;

pastedImage_0.png

So I searched for the code in RTCS.c you pointed me to and again found some slight differences...

pastedImage_1.png

but I think the result is pretty much the same thing. I tried changing the parameter set up as ftpsrv_params to give me an identical root directory to yours and although this fixed the error message I was getting when I log in, I still can't list the files in the root directory.

The terminal now looks like this.....

pastedImage_2.png

so the root directory looks the same. I can login without error, but when I try to use the ls command to view the directory it just hangs...

pastedImage_0.png

I have tried using FileZilla with similar results. Thoughts...?

Thanks again for the help...

Ken

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

In your terminal window, after the USB stick enumerates, do you see the files on the USB stick when you issue the "dir" command?

Shell (build: Jun 12 2014)

shell> FTP Server Started. Root directory is set to "c:", login: "developer", password: "freescale".

Product Revision Level: 1100

shell> dir

MQX_MQ~1 0 07-08-2013 12:43:26 D MQX_MQXLite

5225X_2.JPG 97660 06-07-2013 11:48:38 A 5225X_2.JPG

CAU.HTM 3404 06-25-2013 12:35:38 A CAU.HTM

DEBUG.HTM 4121 06-25-2013 12:35:40 A DEBUG.HTM

DMA_INT.HTM 3891 06-25-2013 12:35:38 A DMA_int.htm

DTIMER.HTM 4124 06-25-2013 12:35:38 A DTIMER.HTM

EMAC.HTM 3928 06-25-2013 12:35:38 A EMAC.HTM

1MBYTE~1 0 04-21-2014 18:44:06 D 1mbyte_files

BILL 0 01-01-1980 00:37:50 D BILL

FSLMQX~2.EXE 5655327 05-12-2014 10:45:58 A FSLMQXOS_4_1_0_GA_IPV6.exe

shell> ipconfig dhcp

I'm also attaching a ZIP file with the web_hvac s19 and ELF file for you to try on your system and the pictures of my Tower cards so you can compare the jumper settings.

Regards,

David

MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi David

Yes, after the USB enumerates, I can use the dir command in the serial window and see the files.

I've also had some limited success in using the ftp through FileZilla by disabling the serial port - I thought I'd switch off everything that wasn't essential, and the system can now see the directories on the USB stick but the connection is REALLy flaky with transfer speeds varying down to just a few "bytes" per second sometimes. Could it be the system just hasn't got enough memory for the necessary resources to run properly...? If so this doesn't bode well for our system application because I wouldn't have thought the HVAC application is that complicated...

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

Are you using TWR-MCF5225X Tower hardware or your own?  If your own what is the specific device part number?  If using Tower, have you tried to run my application web_hvac example I posted above?  Also did you compare jumper settings?

Just trying to understand our differences.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi David

I'm using the TWR-MCF5225X tower hardware.

Not sure how to use your web_hvac application.

I did compare jumper settings and found some differences, but when I changed mine to look the same I couldn't get the codewarrior to talk to the tower hardware and download anything - spent a lot of time trying to re-trace my steps but I'm basically back to where it "almost" works just not reliably. Also when I try the web_hvac program, the web page opens but doesn't always refresh properly. Sometimes it works other times it fails to connect. Same with FileZilla. It sometimes connects and displays the directory sometimes not and similarly I can sometimes transfer files and sometimes it just hangs.

Once again I appreciate your assistance.

Ken

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

I suspect something with your hardware has gone bad.

When using CW10.6 to debug the application, when you open the Debug Configuration dialog box for your target/application, instead of using your projects *.elf" file, "Browse..." to the web_hvac.elf file I posted.  Then click Debug to have it flashed.  Terminate project and do a POR to let my web_hvac run on your hardware to see if there is a difference.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi David

I'm pretty sure the problem I have is not hardware related. I have replaced the Tower kit with a new set of boards but the problem is exactly the same. I was using an older version of Codewarrior (V10,4) but I updated to V10.6 - but the symptoms remain the same. I can use FreeZilla to list the directory but down or uploads nearly always fail. Could it be speed related..? If I use the web browser to look at the USB memory stick, the results are just not reliable. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Soooo frustrating.

Ken

0 Kudos

MWMinor
Contributor V

Hello David

I've made contact with the distributor to return the hardware - I managed to use the .elf you sent me but it still didn't work.

Time will tell....

Ken

0 Kudos