cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure serial loops?

Jump to solution
marknordstrand
Contributor III

A bit new to CodeWarriror, so maybe I'm missing something obvious...  Working with a K20 and will have a single-wire UART connection.  The datasheet outlines how to do this with the C1 register, but I'm not seeing how to do this w/ CW.  There is a "Loop Mode", but that looks more like a traditional loopback and the only options are Normal or Local loop-back.  So, my questions are 1) how do I (or can I) get at LOOPS and RSRC from CW? and 2) Is this something I have to code up myself?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I think you mean you are using Processor Expert for the developing of your project. Unfortunately the AsynchroSerial component which uses the UART module does not support to implement the Single-wire feature in the component settings, this is something you need to code up by yourself.

There is another good option to set this register via Processor Expert's component. Add a Init_UART component and in the Component Inspector Window of this component you are able to write to this registers, like the image below shows.

Single Wire.png

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I think you mean you are using Processor Expert for the developing of your project. Unfortunately the AsynchroSerial component which uses the UART module does not support to implement the Single-wire feature in the component settings, this is something you need to code up by yourself.

There is another good option to set this register via Processor Expert's component. Add a Init_UART component and in the Component Inspector Window of this component you are able to write to this registers, like the image below shows.

Single Wire.png

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

0 Kudos
marknordstrand
Contributor III

Yes, I did mean Processor Expert, my "newness" to this shows.  Was expecting to write code, but the init_UART looks like it will help.  Thanks.

0 Kudos