Default compile option of i.MX5, i.MX6 Linux BSP.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default compile option of i.MX5, i.MX6 Linux BSP.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have a question about tool chain of i.MX51 & i.MX6 Linux BSP.

We are evaluating the performance of each chips.

Then, we want to know the default compile option of each tool chain for i.MX51 and i.MX6 Linux BSP to judge whether compile option makes a performance difference or not.

Could you let me know the default option of each Linux BSP?

Especially, we want to know the default option of L2.6.35_10.11.01_ER for i.MX51 and L3.0.35_4.0.0 for i.MX6DL because we are evaluating them.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As far as I understand, it is quite difficult to determine this. The flag options as I have seen are configured in the makefiles. And they can be changed depending on the folder or file you are attempting to compile.

You can check the flags used in the Makefile found in the linux soruce code.

Best Regards,

Alejandro.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As far as I understand, it is quite difficult to determine this. The flag options as I have seen are configured in the makefiles. And they can be changed depending on the folder or file you are attempting to compile.

You can check the flags used in the Makefile found in the linux soruce code.

Best Regards,

Alejandro.

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear,

Satoshi it is difficult to really make an evaluation of both Tool chains to give an assesment that the performance of the device it is based on this, let me ask

alejandrolozano,  Can you please give a comment?

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos