cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAST Flashing mechanism

gurumoorthirasi
Contributor IV

Dear all,

is there any way available to fasten the flashing method through ATK tool. My problem would be that To load the (uboot.bin,uImage,rootfs) through serial its taking so many time to complete to NAND.

is there any way to flash the code through Ethernet interface ? or any tool is available to flashing in less time and multiple device at the same time ?

How can i flash the software to multiple boards in less time. please give me suggestion and solutions.

Regards,

Guru

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The ATK can load data via USB (OTG) port. Multiple targets - alas - are not supported.

For recent i.MX devices the MFG is recommended.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gurumoorthirasi
Contributor IV

Dear Yuri,

I am using i.MX25 3 stack board for my development. So Now I am flashing through debug board to core board via serial.

Debug board having only uart,ethernel option there is no OTG interface.

How can I use OTG for i.MX25 board for ATK tool?

Regards,

Guru

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Personal board of the i.MX25 PDK has OTG connector. Please use it.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

gurumoorthirasi
Contributor IV

Dear Yuri,

I tried that way only I connected the usb cable also from PC to board OTG connection. but in ATK tool saying that No usb detected. Please check with USB connection.

Please give me an idea . what was the mistake?

How can I proceed to do that ?

Regards,

Guru

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looks like You need to install USB driver for the ATK. Please follow section
"Installation and uninstall of USB Drivers" in ATK documentation.

Have a great day,
Yuri

0 Kudos

gurumoorthirasi
Contributor IV

Dear Yuri,

will ATK tool support win7, 64bit for USB ?

Is any another way is available to flash the sw files such as uboot.bin,uImage,rfs through Ethernet interface to NAND,SDCARD.

This way is very useful to be done the work very faster.

Regards,

Guru

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please take a look at the following regarding the ATK.

The ATK Toolkit is not supported anymore.

The customer will have to switch to the Manufacturing Tool called MFG.

MFG Tool will be the main tool to flash / run images on a board.

MFG Tool is available now in a version that supports Win7 in 64bit.

In the recent MFG release  there are 2 .exe files: mfgtool and mfgtool2.

mfgtool is intended for I.MX25,27,28,31,35, 50,53.

mfgtool2 is for i.mx6 seriels

mfgtool.exe can work at USB3.0 and 2.0

For example the following link contains i.MX25 MFG.

MX25 3stack HAB (High Assurance Boot)

As for Ethernet - it is usual way to load U-boot via UART and use U-boot Ethernet options for further operations.
Sorry, direct OS deployment via Ethernet is not supported under i.MX bootloaders.

Have a great day,
Yuri

0 Kudos

gurumoorthirasi
Contributor IV

Dear Yuri,

Thanks for explained clearly.

I have downloaded the mfg tool for the below link

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=IMX_DESIGN

I tried use it but This tool doesn't support the imx25 option on the ui . what should I need to do for I.MX25 to use mfg tool

Please give me an idea to implement this.

Regards,

Guru

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In any case, I am afraid we do not have (i.MX25) USB driver for Windows 7.

Nevertheless, please look at the following :

Re: Windows 7 and imx25pdk - usb issues

0 Kudos