RD4247MAG3110 development

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RD4247MAG3110 development

nsteins
Contributor I

I recently received the RD4247MAG3110 evaluation board and am able to test the sensor's functionality using the eCompass software. However, I would like to find a way to interface this data with software routines written in LabView. I have considered using the eCompass program to log data and to then read the text file, however, that is not sustainable if I want to run this program continuously. Alternatively, according to AN4460, there seems to be a way to read from the RD4247FXOS8700 eval board through a serial port interface. Does a solution like this exist for the MAG3110 board? Perhaps there is some other way to read out the magnetic sensor data?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nathaniel,

Unfortunately there is not a command line interface driver available for the RD4247MAG3110.

However, as you correctly noted, we have this driver available for the RD4247FXOS8700 development kit. After reprogramming the MC9S08QE8 MCU on the Sensor Toolbox middle board, you can easily communicate with the FXOS8700CQ via a virtual serial port over USB using the commands that are described in the AN4460. This AN also provides instructions how to reprogram the MC9S08QE8 with the command line interface driver.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos