Can I use SDMA for transferring memory to PCI space?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump to solution
hiromichimatsum
Contributor II

Dear all,

I'm developing the pci device driver on i.MX6Q.

The pci device doesn't have a DMA Controller.

So, I'd like to use SDMA in i.MX6Q.

What I want is to transfer memory to PCI space.

I don't know which script to use, though I read the i.MX6 reference manual.

Then I tried to use "Memory To Memory" script.

The execution was succeeded, but the data were not transferred at all to PCI space.

What script is suitable for in this case?

Best regards,

Hiromichi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Since the memory space for the PCI it is not part of the memory map of the SDMA it is not possible. To have an script from memory to PCI.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Since the memory space for the PCI it is not part of the memory map of the SDMA it is not possible. To have an script from memory to PCI.

Have a great day,
Jaime

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos