Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multitouch HDMI for mx6 board sabre lite

Jump to solution
mariorodriguez
Contributor II

Hello Community,

I was wondering if someone made some experience with a HDMI display that supports multi touch on the sabre lite board. How good is the multi touch support for HDMI displays?

Thanks for any comments.

Regards,

Mario

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mario,

The only HDMI multi-touch monitor we've tested is an Acer T230/T240 which appears not to be in production any longer.

It contained a Quanta 2-point touch screen, and we added support for that, as you can see in the video on this page:

http://boundarydevices.com/timesys-2013-03

In general, any touch screen can be supported, but some will require you to get and compile the driver separately, and all will require that you configure the kernel to include them.

Our stock kernel configuration (nitrogen6x_defconfig) only supports the displays that we distribute.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mario,

The only HDMI multi-touch monitor we've tested is an Acer T230/T240 which appears not to be in production any longer.

It contained a Quanta 2-point touch screen, and we added support for that, as you can see in the video on this page:

http://boundarydevices.com/timesys-2013-03

In general, any touch screen can be supported, but some will require you to get and compile the driver separately, and all will require that you configure the kernel to include them.

Our stock kernel configuration (nitrogen6x_defconfig) only supports the displays that we distribute.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mario

multitouch is supported on Freescale SDB boards with

lvds LCD, please refer to attached document and Android BSP

IMX6_JB43_110_ANDROID_SOURCE_BSP : i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6Dual, i.MX 6DualLite, i.MX 6Solo and i.MX 6Sololite Android

For HDMI lcds it is not supported. I do not know details for SabreLite,

because it is supported by Boundary Devices

http://boundarydevices.com/products/sabre-lite-imx6-sbc/

Timesys Multi-touch with Gestures Demo

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
raz3l
Contributor III

Hi igorpadykov

I'm using a SDP board with a LVDS LCD. Until now I was able to run QT/QML applications with touch interaction, but without multi touch interaction n LTIB based image. Which kind of steps should I do to enable multi touch? This is being a huge quest in the last few weeks and until now I was unsuccessful to put i working. Hope you can help me.

0 Kudos