imx6 powering off of the usb issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 powering off of the usb issues

kevin_chaves
Contributor III

I'm running into an issue with a kernel driver or something with getting the cpu to power on from usb.

When we run the unit off of usb initially plugged in the system locks up

[

2.369996] usb 3-1: new high speed USB device number 2 using fsl-ehci

[

2.520732] usb 3-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=3803

[

2.527451] usb 3-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0

[

2.535812] hub 3-1:1.0: USB hub found

[

2.539729] hub 3-1:1.0: 2 ports detected

When running the device from usb the system keeps reseting when the driver loads

[1.183213] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
[1.191271] PMU: registered new PMU device of type 0
[1.196536] Static Power Management for Freescale i.MX6
[1.201835] wait mode is enabled for i.MX6
[1.206338] cpaddr = c0880000 suspend_iram_base=c08f0000
[1.212093] PM driver module loaded
[1.216065] IMX usb wakeup probe

We  think we have an idea that a register didn't get set properly. We originally had it working without the usb boot, some unknown hardware reworks were done, and now i have 2 days to solve the issue. The register in question is USBPHYx_CTRLn, i was asked with verifying that ENAUTOCLR_PHY_PWD is set.

I'm hoping someone might have seen a problem like this before or possibly might know what could cause this behaviour in software.  I can try to provide more details once I figure those things out.

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi kevin

could you elaborate what are you doing ?

What board, processor, BSP, what USB port is used

and where it connected (to PC computer or else) ?

Best regards

chip

0 Kudos

kevin_chaves
Contributor III

The board is a custom board, based on the sabre board. The sabre does not have the charger detect implemented though, at least thats what my electrical team is telling me. So we are trying to get the charge detect to work when booting the device  so we can boot from usb power. We are using a charger on the otg port when the board resets. We think something is toggling the charger detect which cuts the power for a moment and causes a reset but we are unsure.

We used "ERR006281 USB: Incorrect DP/DN state when only VBUS is applied" for making hardware changes to the hardware from the "Chip errata for the i.MX6Dual/6Quad. We are using a imx6q.

0 Kudos

kevin_chaves
Contributor III

I just noticed there is a imx_usb_charger.c file, and selection in the menuconfig, but its not part of the make file. I'm going to try and see if i can get this to work. It doesn't appear like its been enabled in our kernel tree though.

0 Kudos