cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gstreamer, wayland, yocto and mx6

aurelienbouin
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am currently using wayland with my own recipe, including recipes-graphics/images/core-image-weston.bb

I would like to get gstreamer working, I try to add gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx to my recipe, once built and burn, when on board i do :

gst-inspect | grep imx,

I don't get anything ...

Here is the gst-inspect log : http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=JCHf8BUs

what should I do ?

I am also wondering what is the diffrence between gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx and gst-fsl-plugin ?

I have seen on the github Freescale/gstreamer-imx · GitHub some support for wayland ? egl_platform_wayland.c

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I don't know if gstreamer (the mainline one) has any sink which supports wayland integration. It would be better to ask for help in Gstreamer community. There is a waylandsink, but it will probably not be as fast, because of CPU-based frame copies. I suggest you to use mfw_f4lsink or mfw_isink.

Have a great day,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Yes it does. If you check gstreamer1.0-imx which is added in master branch last days it has support for Wayland.

Regards,

0 Kudos