cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing __thumb_startup()

Jump to solution
randylee
Contributor V

so I've got this thing to go towards linking (all the direct compile problems somewhat taken care of) and it's saying it's missing __thumb_startup from the vector table.

Where should I be finding that and why isn't it there?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Randy,

i had the same problem. There must a checkbox "generate startup code" in CPU settings, which is disabled.

BR Stefan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
randylee
Contributor V

OK, so I figure this is something screwy with Beta version.  V1.1 comes out (production version) and I've done the same thing: Created the project and then export from CW10.5 and import to here (all the PE stuff) and then import the files into it.

Still missing this __thumb_startup() which is because I do not have a start.c file that got generated anywhere.

How do I tell this thing to generate one then?  Can I just import it from another project and put it there? 

0 Kudos
lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Randy,

i had the same problem. There must a checkbox "generate startup code" in CPU settings, which is disabled.

BR Stefan

0 Kudos
randylee
Contributor V

Yep, sure enough.  Under Build Options->Startup in the component inspector for the CPU.  I'd guess this to be something that doesn't map exactly between CW and KDS export/import.

Fixed it tho by checking the box involved.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Typically this thumb_startup is part of the startup code. Have you added a startup code to your project?

I suggest you look at the examples created by the new project wizard to have a starting point.

Erich

0 Kudos
randylee
Contributor V

This particular project, I created with the new project wizard and then imported my exported PE from the 10.5 project and then added all my code to it.

Any other project I've created in CW 10.X already has that sort of stuff created as part of the project. So, KDS, I have to explicitly add that sort of deal?  Interesting.

0 Kudos