GPIO Mapping of Android Buttons (how to remove)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO Mapping of Android Buttons (how to remove)

Jump to solution
geoffbrown
Contributor I

Hi there,

I'm developing on a freescale imx6q SABRE LITE board.  Currently running Ubuntu Oneiric based on one available from Boundary Devices.

We are using the board as part of a system that includes another board (custom) that provides gpio signals to the imx6 board.  The boards are connected via the J17 Android Buttons Interface gpio connector. 

We only use the one pin but that appears to be mapped to the KEY_VOL_DN which is undesirable as we are using the audio output from the board.  I've been hunting around for anywhere in the kernal or uboot code that defines this mapping but have been unable to find anything, does anyone know where I should be looking or what steps I need to take to either remove the mapping entirely or simple disable it?

Thanks,

Geoff

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hi Geoffrey,

This pin-mapping is done in the board configuration, and in 3.0.35 kernels this is done in board-mx6_nitrogen6x.c:

linux-imx6/arch/arm/mach-mx6/board-mx6_nitrogen6x.c at boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 · boundarydevices/l...

If you remove the entry from the table, the pin won't be mapped as a keyboard input.    

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hi Geoffrey,

This pin-mapping is done in the board configuration, and in 3.0.35 kernels this is done in board-mx6_nitrogen6x.c:

linux-imx6/arch/arm/mach-mx6/board-mx6_nitrogen6x.c at boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 · boundarydevices/l...

If you remove the entry from the table, the pin won't be mapped as a keyboard input.    

0 Kudos
geoffbrown
Contributor I

awesome, thanks :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos