Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto U-boot problems

Jump to solution
ottoblom
Contributor III

Hi There,

I'm trying out the new Yocto BSP 1.0.0 and so far it builds but I'm having some trouble getting mmc running in u-boot on our custom board. While troubleshooting this I ran into some trouble with GDB. If I build the full image (bitbake fsl-image-dfb) and dump that onto the SD card u-boot always comes up as follows

CPU:   Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.2 at 792 MHz

CPU:   Temperature 45 C, calibration data: 0x58d4f269

Reset cause: POR

Board: MX6Q/SDL-SabreSD

I2C:   ready

DRAM:  1 GiB

MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0

MMC Device 1 not found

No MMC card found

Using default environment

However, when I use my BDI3000 and GDB to load the image ("u-boot-imx/2013.04-r0/git/u-boot") I can single-step through just fine, as soon as I "continue" it jumps into the weeds and nothing ever prints to the console. GDB u-boot debugging works fine on the old LTIB 4.1.0 BSP.  I don't necessarily need gdb, but the problem is that the compile-test-repeat cycle is at a glacial pace when rebuilding the whole SD card image. Any ideas on what could be the culprit ?

I noticed there is a "u-boot-imx6qsabresd.imx" file in the images directory. What is this file used for ? I'm hoping that can be copied directly to an SD card somehow.

Thanks,

/Otto

Labels (4)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ottoblom
Contributor III

The problem had to do with changes we made the board. For anyone else interested in what the imx uboot file is - It can be written to a sdcard as follows

sudo dd if=tmp/deploy/images/imx6qsabresd/u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdc bs=512 seek=2

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ottoblom
Contributor III

The problem had to do with changes we made the board. For anyone else interested in what the imx uboot file is - It can be written to a sdcard as follows

sudo dd if=tmp/deploy/images/imx6qsabresd/u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdc bs=512 seek=2

0 Kudos