H264 encoded video file plays faster

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H264 encoded video file plays faster

pradeepr
Contributor II

I am using iMX6Q VPU to encode raw video frames captured at 10 FPS to H264 format. While initializing VPU using vpu library I specify the frame rate as 10 in the EncOpenParam.framerateInfo field while issuing vpu_EncOpen() call of vpu library. But the SPS/PPS header which is generated by the VPU does not contain frame rate information.

because of this, after I write the SPS & PPS headers and the encoded video frames to a .h264 file and when playing back the video using VLC player I find that the video is playing faster. I even tired setting frame rate using ENC_SET_FRAME_RATE of vpu_EncGiveCommand() API of vpu library and still it does not help.

I would like to know why the frame rate information is present in SPS and/or PPS headers. Is there a way to introduce it in the header?

The dump of video file info extracted using MediaInfo is given below for reference.

General

Complete name                       : video1.h264

Format                                   : AVC

Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec

File size                                : 2.92 MiB

Video

Format                                   : AVC

Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile                           : Baseline@L3.0

Format settings, CABAC          : No

Format settings, ReFrames      : 1 frame

Format settings, GOP              : M=1, N=4

Width                                     : 640 pixels

Height                                    : 352 pixels

Display aspect ratio                 : 16:9

Color space                            : YUV

Chroma subsampling               : 4:2

Bit depth                                 : 8 bits

Scan type                               : Progressive

Tags (4)
3 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Pradeep

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Pradeep

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. i.MX Community ) to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion? (https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-99909 )

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

0 Kudos