Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mk60fn1m0vlq12 vs mk60fn1m0vlq15

Jump to solution
aroste
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I come to you to verify my doubts.  I use to work on my project, that comes in final development part, with the mk60fn1m0vlq12 device.  It seems this is not available anymore from the dealers and on freescale website they recommend to use the mk60fn1m0vlq15 now.

I work with CW 10.5 and MQX4.0.1.

I checked and the only difference should be the internal core clock that works until 150Mhz. 

My question are:

- Do i have to update anything in my code to handle this or the code for the mk60fn1m0vlq12 will work the same?

- If changes needed, Is it enough to configure this MCU by using the PE interface by selecting the good one ?

- something else?

Thanks for your support.

BR

-stéphan-

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

It is recommended and better if you add in PE the same uC which will be your target processor in order to have all the files and documentation for the MCU you are using.

Since the K60 120 MHz and the K60 150MHz has the same modules and registers you can use the 150 MHz uC type in PE and download your project into the 120MHz but just changing the frequency without problems.

You can confirm this if you check the header files, if you have CodeWarrior 10.6 installed you can find the files MK60F12.h and MK60F15.h in C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\ProcessorExpert\lib\Kinetis\iofiles. These are the header files PE uses, they are the same.

I hope this information can help you.

Adrian

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S: If you do not have CodeWarrior 10.6 you can find these file in the attachments. If you have a later version maybe the order of the folders in the installation path are different.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
aroste
Contributor IV

Thanks for your answers.

I updated my project with the new MCU in PE, the files look like the same effectively.  I tested with my old board and it works fine, i will test soon with the new board revision.  So I keep the settings with 120Mhz to remain compatible within the boards revision at this point.

Thanks

BR

-stéphan-

0 Kudos
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephan,

That is right if you were using the 120 MHz and now you have to change to the 150 MHz the only difference will be the core frequency up to 150 MHz therefore some MCG changes must be made. If you are using PE this changes are made just changing the CPU component: When you have the new MCU and generate the code this change will be done by PE.

Adrian

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

aroste
Contributor IV

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your answer. 

If I don't want to change the MCU type in my project, does it will work at the frequency of 120Mhz with the new MCU ?  Or registers are different?

My point is that I have some prototypes boards with the mk60fn1m0vlq12 that we will still be used for development, then I have some new boards coming tomorrow.  I would like the software is the same for both.

As a speed of 120Mhz is enough now, does it will work like that without changing?

Or some other way, if I change the MCU type to the new one (mk60fn1m0vlq15) and set the frequency at 120Mhz does it will still work with my old board with the mk60fn1m0vlq12 ?

I hope it's clear. :-)

Thanks

BR

-stéphan-

P.S: In PE when I move the mouse on the processor type that is included in my project, the small popup that appears on my mouse is "mk60fn1m0vlq15"...  But the uC is a mk60fn1m0vlq12..

0 Kudos
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

It is recommended and better if you add in PE the same uC which will be your target processor in order to have all the files and documentation for the MCU you are using.

Since the K60 120 MHz and the K60 150MHz has the same modules and registers you can use the 150 MHz uC type in PE and download your project into the 120MHz but just changing the frequency without problems.

You can confirm this if you check the header files, if you have CodeWarrior 10.6 installed you can find the files MK60F12.h and MK60F15.h in C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\ProcessorExpert\lib\Kinetis\iofiles. These are the header files PE uses, they are the same.

Adrian

P.S: If you do not have CodeWarrior 10.6 you can find these file in the attachments. If you have a later version maybe the order of the folders in the installation path are different.

0 Kudos
cfgmgr
Contributor III

Hmm... If you do a quick "WinDiff" on these two .h files (MK60F15.h and MK60F12.h) , you'll see that they are essentially identical.

The only difference is in the comments...