Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of i.MX6 HDMI vertical line.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I want to confirm i.MX6 HDMI maximum output resolation.

Please see my questions as following.

[Q1]

Please see chapter 33.5.51 & 33.5.52 in IMX6DQRM (Rev.1).

According to these register, i.MX6 seems can set number of HDMI vertical pixel up to 4095.

However, according to chapter 33.1.1.2, Table 33-3 and Figure 34-6, these show i.MX6 HDMI cannot output over 1080 lines.

Is my understanding correct?

[Q2]

If the answer is YES, could you let me know what is happen if I set V_in_activ[12:0] in chapter 33.5.51 & 33.5.52 to 1081 or larger?

(e.g. set number of vertical line to 1080)

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The HDMI in itself supports more resolution modes, that shown in Table 33-3 and Figure 34-6 of the RM.

Another way - if such modes are supported by the VPU or meet standard specs. 

4Kx2K HDMI display on i.MX6

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The HDMI in itself supports more resolution modes, that shown in Table 33-3 and Figure 34-6 of the RM.

Another way - if such modes are supported by the VPU or meet standard specs. 

4Kx2K HDMI display on i.MX6

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

According to your reply, I understood as following.

Is this correct?

Video -> It depends on VPU spec. VPU support up to 1920x1088, so i.MX6 HDMI can send a video data up to 1920x1088.

Not Video -> It depends on HDMI standard.So i.MX6 HDMI can support up to 4Kx2K.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, if hardware codec support (VPU) is needed, it does not make sense to apply resolutions higher than 1920 x 1088.
The HDMI display itself can use the higher resolutions - say - to display graphic images.

Have a great day,
Yuri