Does the second SDMA channel on the MPC8569E interface the local bus or the second DDR controller?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the second SDMA channel on the MPC8569E interface the local bus or the second DDR controller?

nachomartr
Contributor I

According to the QUICC Engine Reference Manual (QEIWRM Rev. 4.5) "On the MPC8569E, one channel interfaces with the ECM through the SDMA system bus interface, the other

channel interfaces with the secondary DDR interface." Data paths in Figure 3-4 does also reflect this statement. In contrast, according to the MPC8569E Reference Manual MPC8569ERM Rev. 2, regarding the QUICC Engine interface data paths  it is said: "The data paths include a path from the SDMA system bus interface to targets connected to the ECM and a direct connection from the SDMA secondary bus interface to the local bus controller.". This is correctly reflected Figure 21-2. I've looked through the Errata to MPC8569E Reference Manual but I haven't found anything related.

In view of this conflicting information, which one should I consider correct?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is reply from FSL: "When the second SDMA is used, there is a shortcut to the secondary DDR bus, bypassing arbitration with CPU and others on the ECM."

The MPC8569ERM should be corrected.

0 Kudos