MQX 4.0.2 Telnet Server missing characters?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.0.2 Telnet Server missing characters?

wcampbell
Contributor I

I'm attempting to use the built-in MQX 4.0.2 (RTCS v3.08.00) telnet server on a V4 Coldfire 54415, but I'm running into a problem where it's losing data. I'm creating my task with TELNETSRV_init, and it is launching the task when I initiate a telnet connection to the device. In my task, I'm doing a loop that calls fgetc to grab each character, but only every other character is actually hitting my handler. The missed characters are being echoed back to my terminal program, but I can't find the source of the echo (I have echo turned off, and the characters that do hit my code are correctly not sending an echo). I don't even see the missing characters hitting the _io_telnet_read in telnetio.c. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any suggestions on where I can look to see what's grabbing these extra bytes?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

wcampbell
Contributor I

And (of course) minutes after posting this, it occured to me that an ECHOSRV is also being launched. It appears those two are fighting over data. I'm going to look into this more. This is very strange, since the echo server should be running on port 7. I'm going to have to dig into this more to see if I can find a reason for the two fighting over data.

0 Kudos

Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1) Change the echosrv application to use RTCS_selectset() instead of RTCS_selectall().

2) fix the RTCS_selectset() behavior per the instructions on the link below:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/321233