Issue with BitBurner 1.0.6.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with BitBurner 1.0.6.0

andrewk
Contributor I

We are facing a new issue with the BitBurner Tool preventing us from programming the OTP (reading OTP bit is OK). This problem happens on IMX28_EVK board, and has been reported at link below but no resolution yet:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/308413

BitBurner 1.0.6.0 | Freescale Community

Does BitBurner_1.0.6.0 have some known bug ? Or we need to follow any special wizard (step) to program the OTP in IMX287 ?

Here are the details/symptoms of this OTP write failure (see the 2 jpeg pictures attached)

- We use the "imx_otp_tools.rar" package downloaded from Freescale website

- Via USB0 port the bit burner (BitBurner_1.0.6.0) tool successfully detects IMX287 chip (see picture OPT_1).

- We tried to program the ENABLE_SSP_12MA_DRIVE bit in HW_OCOTP_ROM7 register by clicking the button : write & lock, but it is not succesful ,  we can't write the new value to this register, and also any other OTP register has the same problem (See picture OTP_2)

OPT_1.jpg

OTP_2.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Using Windows XP instead of Windows 7 may help. However, it might be more practical to use BitInit from the OTP Tools as mentioned on the thread pointed already on the replies:

BitBurner 1.0.6.0

Hopefully one of these options may help.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew

please check issue below, also one can try with other computer

(and probably with different OS)

Unable to connect i.MX28 EVK to BitBurner 1.0.5.6

Best regards

chip

0 Kudos

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. i.MX Community ) to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion?

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

0 Kudos