Maximum Junction temp P1010

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Junction temp P1010

belenieamoranto
Contributor I

I have a question regarding the maximum junction temperature of the P1010 processor silicon.  The P1010 datasheet never explicitly provides a maximum Tj (junction temperature), instead referring to a maximum operating temperature (Ta-Tj) of 105C.  This is in contrast to the P1011 or P2020 datasheets which list a maximum junction temperature (Tj) of 125C.

I’m hoping you can shed some light on why the difference in nomenclature and why the difference in operating range. Is the maximum junction temperature of the P1010 125C and it is only rated to 105C because of more limited qualification (vs the P2020) which Freescale has performed? Or perhaps in general, how does Freescale determine the maximum junction temperature they publish in a datasheet?

Thanks,

Belenie

0 Kudos
1 Reply

andrei_skok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The maximum junction temperature may be different for different devices. According to the P1010 Datasheet,  Operating Temperature range is TA=0 (min) to TJ=105 (max) for Standard Temperature Range and TA=–40 (min) to TJ=105 (max) for Extended Temperature Range. So the maximum junction temperature is 105C. It is the maximum temperature at which we can guarantee all hardware specifications including the power consumption numbers, AC-DC specifications, reliability etc. For P1020 and P2020 devices the maximum junction temperature is 125C.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos