cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6 PMIC

vigneshvasudeva
Contributor II

Hello there,

We are using I.MX6Q in one of our solutions and I need your support regarding power up sequence of same. Our requirements are HDMI out, DDR controller, USB Host & OTG for 3G interface, SDIO & UART interface for Wi-Fi + BT 4.0(Dual mode(BT+BLE) + Zigbee interface and will run on Android 4.3 Jelly bean.

As our device is in dongle form factor, we have constraints on using larger linear regulators/switching regulators. Having said that, after going through section 4.2 of IMX6DQAEC, we realized that the power up sequence is pretty simple. The minimum requirements are that

• VDD_SNVS_IN supply must be turned ON before any other power supply
  • VDD_ARM_IN and VDD_SOC_IN may be supplied from the same source

Let me know whether my understanding is correct or I am missing any vital point about the sequence.

We noticed that the PMIC used in Sabre-SDB, PF0100, is a compact solution and we are considering to use the same in our design. But the OTP memory of MMPF0100NPEP is non programmed and we need to use PF series programmer along with OTP programming socket board to program the same.

As the both the items(programmer and board) are non-stocked by any online distributor, I need your help in getting this done.

Otherwise, considering our requirements, would you suggest us to take an alternate approach and use pre-programmed device from PF0100 family or use discrete regulators?

Let me know in case you need any clarification, request you to respond to our queries ASAP.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

aven_tsao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please reference to the MMPF0100 Datasheet Rev.8, the "F0" version OTP is used on SABRE-SD board.

I think you can use the "F0" pre-programed device without program by yourself.

Best regards

Aven

0 Kudos