how can I set the phy_KSZ8041.c and phy_KSZ8041.h for RMII interface?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I set the phy_KSZ8041.c and phy_KSZ8041.h for RMII interface?

Jump to solution
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear community,

I have a custom Vybrid VF3x prototype board, which has a Micrel KSZ8081 ethernet PHY chip. I have added the phy_KSZ8041 .c and .h files to my projects' BSP in order to add the ethernet interface. I am using KSZ8081 which is very similar to KSZ8041(8041 has bot MII and RMII modes) in RMII mode.

Therefore, If I set the KSZ8041 .c and .h files to RMII mode, may be it will be enough to start RTCS protocols.

Please help me how can I set the KSZ8041 into RMII mode?

Thanks and best regards.

Mehmet Ali Ipin.

Labels (8)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

I would not count on Timesys Support only in this case...

It looks like both PHYs belong to the same family, but the one you are interested in got 2 MAC interface types.

Based on my experience, in this case one usually has to take the existing RMII-only PHY settings and add 1 more - the MAC interface type selection (to be sure, compare the 2 datasheets).

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mehmet,

Yes, I would take Naoum's advice and review the KSZ8081 datasheet to learn how to set this into RMII mode, and compare the other registers set in the driver to the datasheet.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

I would not count on Timesys Support only in this case...

It looks like both PHYs belong to the same family, but the one you are interested in got 2 MAC interface types.

Based on my experience, in this case one usually has to take the existing RMII-only PHY settings and add 1 more - the MAC interface type selection (to be sure, compare the 2 datasheets).

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you attend this case?

0 Kudos