Issues Running Codewarrior Debugger

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Running Codewarrior Debugger

tbags
Contributor I

I'm using Codewarrior Version 4.6 to program a 9S12C32 controller.  Some of the programs compile and run the debugger without issue.  But other programs generate an error message about communication issues.  The error message makes some general suggestions e.g. Codewarrior can't seem to communicate with the device, check the baud rate, check power to the board etc. 

It seems peculiar to me that some programs work an others don't.  From what I can tell from my investigations the error occurs when running start12.c.  But I'm unsure of the source of the problem.

Initially, I thought it may have been a problem due to program triggering the PLL.  However, I tried debugging a very basic program that toggles the output and it also has a problem.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

tbags
Contributor I

I have uploaded the entire project in a zip file called Blinky.  Please let me know if you haven't received the zip file.

If you run the Blinky project you should see the issue I'm having.

Your help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi trifon Tsioutras,

Thank you for your project, I've tried it on my side and it can be programmed into MC9S12C32 (I'm using a demoboard M68EVB9S12C32 on my side) with success.

Since you are using HCS12 Serial Monitor on your side, I would suggest re-program your MC9S12C32 with the serial monitor software (by search HCS12 Serial Monitor or AN2548SW in Freescale web site, you will get the serial monitor AN2548SW1 and AN2548SW2) to your MC9S12C32.

to program AN2548SW to target MC9S12C32, other programmer tool like USB Multilink Universal is needed (see it at:P&E Microcomputer Systems - USB Multilink Universal - USB Multilink Universal All-In-One Development...).

I hope these information helps!

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm sorry for my delay replying.

to investigate this issue, could you please upload an screen-shot of the problem to here?

0 Kudos

tbags
Contributor I

Hopefully these help paint the picture...

Codewarrior Error Screenshot.pngCodewarrior Error Screenshot 2.pngCodewarrior Error Screenshot 3.pngCodewarrior Error Screenshot 4.png

Codewarrior Error Screenshot 5.png

Codewarrior Error Screenshot 6.png

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Trifon,

I'm so sorry for my delay replying, if your problem still remains, then, could you mind upload your project here for investigating.

0 Kudos

tbags
Contributor I

Hi,

I've uploaded the file and given you access to view it.  Hopefully if I've uploaded it correctly you should be able to see it.

Please let me know if you have any issues viewing the file.

Thankyou for your help.

Regards

Trifon

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Trifon,

Thank you for your uploaded screen-shot. by reviewing these images, you are using Monitor-HCS12 as your connection and it seems you are using Win 7 system.

as I know, CW v4.6 for HCS12 is not fully tested in Win 7 system. your connection problem might be caused by this problem.

another question: when creating a new blank project in your CW and then debugging, is this connection remains?

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

it would save time if you could upload your entire project or an example project which demos the problem!

0 Kudos