MPC5200 Bestcomm Microcode definitions, documentation, details?!?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5200 Bestcomm Microcode definitions, documentation, details?!?

jorgegustavson
Contributor I

Hello all,

I am running an MPC5200 and have been working with the pre-built Bestcomm task microcode provided by Freescale in the board support package. Although there is a lot of hinting at the details of how these microcode instructions work, I have not yet found a precise and definitive reference for writing your own LCD and DRD microcode words. In fact, I have found very little, as if this were being kept secret!

Does anyone out there have a pointer to this information? I would like to write a very specialized DMA task to do several different types of transfers, using several different initiators, and modifying various memory mapped register locations in the process. I don't think I'll have much success, or be able to tap into the power of this engine, if I can't find something more than the usual, easily-found App Notes.

Many thanks in advance!

--Jorge

PS> I had posted this in the wrong forum area initially; this is hopefully the right place now.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Freescale recommends using BestComm API on the MPC5200 boards. Freescale does not provides information for developing own microcode for the MPC5200B BestComm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos