MFS mount failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFS mount failure

Toe
Contributor IV

I have one USB drive that fails to be properly mounted.  I'm using the MFS USB MSD project in MQX 4.1.  When the drive is interfaced it fails on validating the MBR.

error_code = get_valid_partitions(msd_dev_data->PM_FD_PTR[0], &valid_parts);

The next step attempts to assign a drive letter to the whole device and that fails when reading back some information from the boot sector.

error_code = MFS_Read_device_sector(drive_ptr, BOOT_SECTOR, drive_ptr->DIR_SECTOR_PTR);

The drive mounts fine in windows and from what I can tell the MBR is good too.  Anything I can do to fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

Have you tested with a different USB stick? Have you ensured that the stick doesn’t have multiple partitions?

You could also try with the advance format options on Windows, and ensuring that the file system is FAT or FAT32.

Hope this will be useful for you
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Toe
Contributor IV

I have tried 3 other sticks that work properly.  They are able to properly mount a partition and be read and written to.

I've also tried the windows formatting options to make sure the sector sizes are valid and the drive only has 1 partition.  I would like to chalk it up to just the usb drive, but that drive works with the 4.1.1 msd_mfs_generic host example.  That uses a much different fat driver, so right now I'm thinking that not using MQX may be the only route that provides the support for everything I have been testing with.

0 Kudos