cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove keypad driver i.MX28 Windows CE 6.0

markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Can anyone help with how to disable the keypad driver for the i.MX28 Windows CE 6.0 build? We do not use the keypad driver but it is automatically included when the LRADC driver is enabled.

Can this be safely disabled or does it hook in with the LRADC / touch screen driver?

Thanks, Mark

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Hi Yixing,

Adding the environment variable BSP_NOKEYPAD overrides the keypad support when including the LRADC for the resistive touch screen. This worked for me.

0 Kudos

markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Thanks, I will give that a go. The platform builder catalog has been set up to force the keypad to be enabled if the LRADC is enabled -  I will try the environment variable override.

The main issue was the LRADC driver had a debug message that was being output continuously and not controllable via debug zones. This meant the VS debug output window was flooded with keypad interrupt messages. I have manually disabled this for now but I do need to exclude the keypad handler from my release build.

Thanks, Mark

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Mark

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Mark

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The Low-Resolution Analog-Digital Converter is a multipurpose module used to measure the voltage applied to dedicated input pins. Some of the input pins can be used to interface a resistive touchscreen, while other pins can be used for general purpose inputs such as keypad. The LRADC controller is not used directly by the software.

However if you would like to disable the keypad on the evaluation board as some of the pins are used for other functions in the EVK, the environment variable BSP_NOKEYPAD is defined to exclude the keypad. We then follow the reference manual to include the following item,
Third Party > BSP > Freescale i.MX28 EVK: PDK1_9:ARMV4I > Device Drivers > KEYPAD> KEYPAD

Hope it helps

0 Kudos