Is Vybrid tower kit's PCB Allegro ascii .alg file available?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Vybrid tower kit's PCB Allegro ascii .alg file available?

Jump to solution
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear all,

I need the Allegro ascii extraction .alg file  of Vybrid tower kit's PCB for Altium.

If available, could anybody send it to me?

Thanks and best wishes.

Mehmet Ali Ipin

Labels (6)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

1. The graphic attachment I sent last time shows a list of file formats supported, and, unfortunately, ASCII is not among them.
  2. At the same time, according to the attached Altium's material, direct import of an Allegro binary PCB (*.brd) file is possible. Since you are a client of Altium (we are not), please, clarify with them details, limitations, etc. of such import, e.g. Allegro revisions (ours is the latest - 16.6, but can possibly be saved as an earlier version), file size, etc., and then we will see if can help you.

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

• Unfortunately, I have never done such conversion (.brd to ASCII .alg or .brd to Altium), although myself have used Altium for years.
  • Attached is a screenshot with details of file export (conversion) abilities of Allegro 16.6.
  • More details can be received from the Cadence company's customer support. If the way of doing that exists, we will be glad to run this conversion for you.

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Naoum,

Thank you for your quick answer. I converted the schematic but, for PCB, we don't have Allegro PCB tool in our company(and Allegro requires a maintenance agreement and money to download their SW), therefore I never used it. Considering you have both tower kits schematic and Allegro, I would be very grateful, if you generate the ascii file (.alg)for tower kits schematic's, if you can.

Thanks and best regards.

Mehmet Ali Ipin

0 Kudos
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

1. The graphic attachment I sent last time shows a list of file formats supported, and, unfortunately, ASCII is not among them.
  2. At the same time, according to the attached Altium's material, direct import of an Allegro binary PCB (*.brd) file is possible. Since you are a client of Altium (we are not), please, clarify with them details, limitations, etc. of such import, e.g. Allegro revisions (ours is the latest - 16.6, but can possibly be saved as an earlier version), file size, etc., and then we will see if can help you.

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Naoum

Thank you very much

0 Kudos