AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting a Hard Fault Interrupt when accessing the UART0 registers using Processor Expert on KE02

Question asked by Naji Naufel on Apr 22, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 by Naji Naufel

Hi,

I hope I am posting in the right forum.

I have seen this issue on many threads. I learned how to pinpoint the offending address and found that it is the UART0 address.

I am using CW10.5 with FRDM-KE02Z board. I can access the GPIO with no issues but as soon as the first instruction on the PE-generated Init_UART0() routine is executed, I get the Hard Fault.

The UART0 registers seem to be initialized properly (I think):

/** UART - Peripheral register structure */

typedef struct UART_MemMap {

uint8_t BDH;                                     /**< UART Baud Rate Register: High, offset: 0x0 */

uint8_t BDL;                                     /**< UART Baud Rate Register: Low, offset: 0x1 */

uint8_t C1;                                      /**< UART Control Register 1, offset: 0x2 */

uint8_t C2;                                      /**< UART Control Register 2, offset: 0x3 */

uint8_t S1;                                      /**< UART Status Register 1, offset: 0x4 */

uint8_t S2;                                      /**< UART Status Register 2, offset: 0x5 */

uint8_t C3;                                      /**< UART Control Register 3, offset: 0x6 */

uint8_t D;                                       /**< UART Data Register, offset: 0x7 */

} volatile *UART_MemMapPtr;

/* UART - Register accessors */

#define UART_BDH_REG(base)                       ((base)->BDH)

/* UART - Peripheral instance base addresses */

/** Peripheral UART0 base pointer */

#define UART0_BASE_PTR                           ((UART_MemMapPtr)0x4006A000u)

#define UART0_BDH                                UART_BDH_REG(UART0_BASE_PTR)

The instruction that fails is:

UART0_C2 &= (uint8_t)~(uint8_t)((UART_C2_TE_MASK | UART_C2_RE_MASK));                                  

showing that the faulty address is 0x4006A000 which is the address of the UART0_BDH register.

Is this a bug in CW 10.5?

Thank you

Outcomes