Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART on KL05Z.

Jump to solution
nguyennhatminh
Contributor IV

Hi Pro,

I'm trying to use UART to communicate between my computer and KL05Z (Rev B1) by using PE as this tutorial

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/10/14/tutorial-printf-and-hello-world-with-the-freedom-kl25z-board/

I have the problem is i don't know which pins UART of KL05Z32M is used to connect to open SDA.

On the schematic http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/hardware_tools/schematics/FRDM-KL05Z_SCH.pdf?&Parent... shows two pairs UART0 (Pin No 17, 18 ; Pin 23,24 sheet 3 of 5). But in sheet 4 of 5 shows UART1_TX_TGTMCU and UART1_RX_TGTMCU ( on Target MCU KL05Z32M , I think) are connected to OpenSDA.

My question is which pins UART of MCU KL05z32 is connected to OpenSDA ?

Please help me on this issue.

Thank you.

Minh

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello:

According to the schematics, in FRDM-KL05Z the OpenSDA interface is connected to the target MCU (KL05Z32) by the pins 17 and 18 (PTB1 and PTB2). This is also mentioned in the FRDM-KL05 User Manual, in two sections:

UART_SDA.png

Hope this helps!

Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello:

According to the schematics, in FRDM-KL05Z the OpenSDA interface is connected to the target MCU (KL05Z32) by the pins 17 and 18 (PTB1 and PTB2). This is also mentioned in the FRDM-KL05 User Manual, in two sections:

UART_SDA.png

Hope this helps!

Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos