Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load camera HAL module MX6SL-EVK

Jump to solution
joecrop
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using the OV5640 camera module with the MX6SL-EVK board.

The board is running the 13.5.0-ga android image downloaded from freescale with no modifications.

The bootloader args are:

console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init androidboot.console=ttymxc0 panel=hdmi csi androidboot.hardware=freescale

I don't see the i2c camera interface being loaded on boot, I only see:

... i2c i2c-0: Invalid 7-bit I2C address 0x00 i2c i2c-0: Can't create device at 0x00 i2c i2c-0: Invalid 7-bit I2C address 0x00 i2c i2c-0: Can't create device at 0x00 ... ... MIPI CSI2 driver module loaded ...

When I try to run the camera app the camera cannot be loaded.

E/CameraService( 2124): Camera HAL module not loaded E/CameraHolder( 2724): fail to connect Camera E/CameraHolder( 2724): java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to connect to camera service

Does anyone know what's going on?

I thought the android package provided by Freescale had the camera working out of the box?

Thanks,

Joe

Original Attachment has been moved to: uboot-output.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: logcat.txt.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
joecrop
Contributor II

It looks like there is a patch that fixed this.

I'm not sure why it's not listed in "Operating System Software-Board Support Packages (9)"

I found it under "Updates and Patches (1)" in the download section.

For anyone with this problem make sure you are using this patch which contains new image files to be used with the MFGTool: https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX6_R13.5_01_ANDROID_PATCHES&appType=license&loca...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, Joe,

I2C address was wrong in "i2c_board_info structure" , In our bsp, I2C address is 7bit, the issue is not related to camera HAL. So please check your BSP file and correct I2C address.

you should ensure linux can correctly drive the camera module durimg system booting! From your logo, linux didn't find camera module on i2c0 bus.

Regards,

Weidong

joecrop
Contributor II

It looks like there is a patch that fixed this.

I'm not sure why it's not listed in "Operating System Software-Board Support Packages (9)"

I found it under "Updates and Patches (1)" in the download section.

For anyone with this problem make sure you are using this patch which contains new image files to be used with the MFGTool: https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX6_R13.5_01_ANDROID_PATCHES&appType=license&loca...

0 Kudos