13213board-MyStarNetworkApp with Beaconning

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13213board-MyStarNetworkApp with Beaconning

plapla
Contributor I
Hi, I've just add beacon in MyStarNetworkApp but it didn't work.
13213 SRB showed error message "Scan did not find suitable coordinator".
After Passive scan,I think the "resultListSize" is empty so it can't process this code.
Anybody please help.:smileysad: 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies

soumya
Contributor I
HI FILLIPO,
                     I WANT TO KNOW THAT IF THERE ARE ANY LIMITATION IN THE DEPTH OF A TREE IN FREESCALE MAC.

REGARDS
SOUMAJIT
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
In the Beestack software reference manual at chapter 11 there are some available options that include the network max depth too.
Default is 5.

regards
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
0 Kudos

plapla
Contributor I
I didn't use router in this application, there're only coordinator and device.
It can't associate and it seems the device didn't receive anything from coordinator.
Please show me how to setting up the coordinator and the device.

0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
In the Coordinator code you must set the Beacon Order and the SuperFrame Order, for example BO = 6 and SO = 2.

In the End Device code you must set the scan duration correctly and change the function App_HandleScan for associate to a beacon coordinator
0 Kudos

soumya
Contributor I
hi fillipo,
             thnx for ur suggestion regarding the nos of max routers. i started exploring mac recently. threds related to routing between u and insider and u and palpa r interesting. i was unaware about dat other applications are unable to support more than 2 devices. according to ur suggestion, i started it with the 7th application.i set d BO and SO to 6 and 2 respectedly and increased the scan period also.but still now it generationg prob for the 2nd end device.sometime it is sending data and losing the association immediately.can u help me in this matter?

regards
soumya
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
I'm sorry but this is the only problem that i'm not able to resolve:smileymad:
The only thing I can suggest to you is to try with different BO SO and macTreeStartTime values...good luck

regards, Filippo
0 Kudos

plapla
Contributor I
MyStarNetworkApp did not support beacon-network
so I've programming in MyWirelessAppEx07 to support more than 1 device,
but the second device didn't receive short address.
They're associate but the second device can't  transmit/receive data.

Do I have to set beacon Tx offset or anything else which is not in MyWirelessAppEx07?

Thank you inadvance.

0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
If the second end device didn't receive short address it wasn't correctly associate.

However in MyWirelessAppEx07 the beacon order and the superframe order is setted during the creation of a new project with beekit. For support more than 1 device you must change in PAN coordinator code the function that responde to an association request, I don't remeber which is sorry :smileytongue:

0 Kudos

plapla
Contributor I
Hi Spell!

I've already change the change the short address part in the coordinator
but it still have a problem so I increase the BEACON_ORDER and SUPERFRAME_ORDER
from 5-3 to 10-10 (is it too much?).They're all associate now.

They can transmit and receive data but it is very slowly when device waiting from the coordinator.
What do you think about it?

0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
A beacon order value of 10 mean that the duration of the beacon interval is approximately 15 sec ( T = (960*(2^Order))*16E-6).... 
0 Kudos

plapla
Contributor I
Now I've finished beaconStarNetwork and I'm following your Router project in the early thread.

I wonder that the device have to associate to the Pan coordinator or not.
and how the device obtain short address ? from Pan cooordinator or Router?
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
The end device can obtain short address from router or from coordinator, it depends on who it is associated.:smileywink:
0 Kudos

plapla
Contributor I
Thank you Spell.

If there are Pan coordinator, Router and device, how the device choose one of them to associate or it can associate to either.
I've test them and found that the device didn't associate to the router but associate to the Pan coordinator.(They're in the same range)
I've tried again by switch on only Pan coordinator and router to make them associate and then I switch off the Pan coordinator, and switch on the device.
The device can not find a suitable Pan coordinator.(In the Passive scan) :smileyindifferent:
Help please.

0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
First, if you have the PAN coordinator and the router in the same range you must set the end device for only associate with the router.
Second, are you sure that during the passive scan the end device finds router and pan coordinator?If you have set correctly BO, SO and macTreemodeStartTime the end device should find the router too.

For set correctly macTreemodeStartTime value use the following file:smileywink:
0 Kudos

plapla
Contributor I
Thanks Spell!. This BeaconCalculator is very useful.

I found that SetRequest of TreemodeStartTime is not success
and I got error InvalidParameter 0xE8. In MAC PHY software user guide
show this problem come from setting Incorrect Treemode Start Time.
But I'm sure my value's correct.
BO=6,SO=1 --->TreemodeStartTime=1982~59458
I've set it to MinValue, MaxValue ,2500 and 3000.

Any other causes that I should check? 
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
I don't know, I think the problem is only to set correctly this three parameters.
Try with different values, sorry but I don't remember which values I have used:smileysad:

regards, filippo
0 Kudos

plapla
Contributor I
I've solved the recent problem by setting gMacPibBeaconOrder,SuperFrameOrder in StateHandleScanPassiveConfirm.(I've set it in StateStartRouter in the last time -_-")

but the device still can't associate with the router.

I wonder the coordinator and router send their beacon because they've never detect

MLME-BEACON-START.indication

MLME-BEACON-NOTIFY.indication

MLME-BEACON-START.indication

when the device start associate should the coordinator and router receive Asso-Indication in the same time , my coordinator got it but router've never and device receive long address from coordinator so it start passive scan again to receive short address from the router.

I've already set RxOnWhenIdle = 0x02 but it seems received nothing from the device.

Message Edited by plapla on 2007-09-12 05:16 AM
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I

plapla wrote:

when the device start associate should the coordinator and router receive Asso-Indication in the same time

No, when the device perform the passive scan find two possible association, one with coordinator and one with router. After that it choose with wich associate and send to it the association request. Try to change the function HandleScanCofirm for send the association request only to the router...

I don't know if I have been clear, sorry for bad english:smileytongue:

regards, Filippo
0 Kudos

plapla
Contributor I
It is very very clear, thanks a lot.

My problem in HandlePassiveScan has solved and it start sendind associate-request.
The Router sent associate response and then it got Synchronization-Loss.LossReason is no_beacon.
What does it mean?  The router didn't received a beacon from the PAN coordinator, isn't it? 
I've changed BO, SO and treemodeStartTime in many values but I'm still have a problem.

0 Kudos