CCS Protocol plugins:Fail to reset the target. ELF is not in HALT mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCS Protocol plugins:Fail to reset the target. ELF is not in HALT mode

bhanusingh
Contributor I

We developed the a new board based on p1020rdb board .We have downloaded and installed CodeWarrior development Studio for booting the board and using Codewarrior USB TAP for debugging the board but after building the Project during debugging ( Debug as Connect ) "CCS Protocol plugins:Fail to reset the target. ELF is not in HALT mode " error comes.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usually this message is generated if the second core is in boot holdoff mode. As your board is a custom one, you can have this as a start point in your debug.

Adrian

0 Kudos

bhanusingh
Contributor I

Hi Adrain,

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Sorry i was not clear in my message.Let me give you an brief idea about our build setup.

We have developed a new board(named XYZ) based on p1020rdb. We are using 32 MB flash in our XYZ instead of 64MB in p1020rdb. Now the problem is that while trying to put u-boot in NOR flash of XYZ through code Warrior, we are not able to connect. Everytime after debug this error appears.

We are using default configurations of Code Warrior like .xml or .tcl file.

Also while creating project, we select only one core i.e core0.

Now My question is :

1. Is there any other possible way to flash the board?

2. Is there any problem with debugger?( I have read about it like sometimes its environment changes when we connect to another board or we change its cable, is there any such possibility. If yes then how can we solve it?)

3. Is there any issue regarding JTAG file as we are not using any JTAG config file. (actually we don't have).

Please help me

Thanks

Bhanu Pratap Singh

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. you need to modify the initialization file according with your setup (NOR flash size, CS, BR);

2. check if the new NOR flash device is supported by CW Flash Programmer (in Flash Programmer task you can click Add Device and check for your device or for a compatible one)

3. when ccs will execute ccs::reset_to_debug, can generate the error if the second core is in boot holdoff mode, so you need to check also the state of second core.

Adrian

0 Kudos