mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

n/a

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
1 Solution
mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

Yes, there is a mux on the way to those i2c register banks, so first I selected the mux address using 7-bit addressing, then I wrote to the control register of the mux to select the first line (it is a 1:4 mux), and then I selected which register bank I want to write in (on each line there are two register banks)....then since these register banks are having indirect addressing, I selected the pointer at location 0, meaning I want to read from address zero of register bank, and last but not least, I started to read from it.

I think the sequence is correct that I used, since I am getting correct data back.

I think that the problem was with hardware/PCB. I had a new hardware coming in and not experiencing this issue anymore with the new hardware as of yet. The reason that I2C was going down after a while or not responding could be due to that. I keep this updated if I see a similar behavior again on I2C.

Thanks

Mehdi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mehdi Karimibiuki,

I think your code should be fine, maybe your issue is related with the I2C device end, would you please clarify the process that you attempt to implement? Is it a register writing followed with a reading?

Thanks for your patience!!

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

Yes, there is a mux on the way to those i2c register banks, so first I selected the mux address using 7-bit addressing, then I wrote to the control register of the mux to select the first line (it is a 1:4 mux), and then I selected which register bank I want to write in (on each line there are two register banks)....then since these register banks are having indirect addressing, I selected the pointer at location 0, meaning I want to read from address zero of register bank, and last but not least, I started to read from it.

I think the sequence is correct that I used, since I am getting correct data back.

I think that the problem was with hardware/PCB. I had a new hardware coming in and not experiencing this issue anymore with the new hardware as of yet. The reason that I2C was going down after a while or not responding could be due to that. I keep this updated if I see a similar behavior again on I2C.

Thanks

Mehdi

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mehdi Karimibiuki,

That's great!! Please kindly let me know if you have any further issue.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!