cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confusion of mpc8306 UART

Jump to solution
00lirui
Contributor I

I want to develop a test mpc8306 board , but i am confued with the number uart of mpc8306. the pin as below

signal                                                 package pin number

UART1_SOUT[1]/LSRCID4/LCS_B[4]       C23

UART1_SIN[1]/LDVAL/LCS_B[5]            F19

UART1_SOUT[2]/UART1_RTS_B1/LCS_B[6]     D23

UART1_SIN[2]/UART1_CTS_B[1]/LCS_B[7]       D22

USBDR_CLK/UART2_SIN[2]/UART2_CTS_B[1]      Y9USBDR

USBDR_NXT/UART2_SIN[1]/QE_EXT_REQ_4         AC2

USBDR_PCTL[0]/UART2_SOUT[1]/

USBDR_PCTL[1]/UART2_SOUT[2]/

USBDR_TXDRXD[0]/UART1_SOUT[1]/

USBDR_TXDRXD[1]/UART1_SIN[1]/GPIO[33]/QE_TRB_I

USBDR_TXDRXD[2]/UART1_SOUT[2]/

USBDR_TXDRXD[3]/UART1_SIN[2]/

the material of mpc8306 says it has four uart port, but the signals show that it has six uart port, why ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MPC8306 Reference Manual, Section 6.3.3 "Multisite Muxing":

UART1 interface is provided at two locations: LCS[4:7] and USB. If the user chooses LCS[4:7],

then UART1 cannot be used. Therefore, the same UART1 is also provided at another location, multiplexed

with USB.

UART1 multiplexed with LCS[4:7] has precedence over the one multiplexed with USB.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MPC8306 Reference Manual, Section 6.3.3 "Multisite Muxing":

UART1 interface is provided at two locations: LCS[4:7] and USB. If the user chooses LCS[4:7],

then UART1 cannot be used. Therefore, the same UART1 is also provided at another location, multiplexed

with USB.

UART1 multiplexed with LCS[4:7] has precedence over the one multiplexed with USB.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
00lirui
Contributor I

thank you so much.

0 Kudos