IMX6q with KSZ9031RNX phy bring up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6q with KSZ9031RNX phy bring up

RobertA
Contributor I

We have an IMX6q with a KSZ9031RNX phy.  We feed it a 25Mhz clock from a oscillator.  Then from the phy we send the IMX6 a 125Mhz clock to ENET_REF_CLK pin.  Using the same level shifter design as on the reference design.  The NVCC_RGMII and NVCC_ENET port are both connected to 1.8V supply.  I can see in the kernel that the phy is getting discovered, when i set its IP address.  It also recognizes when i switch from 10 to a 100 network.

root@freescale ~$ ifconfig -a eth0 192.168.1.21 netmask 255.255.255.0

eth0: Freescale FEC PHY driver [Micrel KSZ9031 Gigabit PHY] (mii_bus:phy_addr=1:01, irq=-1)

root@freescale ~$ PHY: 1:01 - Link is Up - 10/Half

But when i ping i see TX activity on the board i am pinging but i don't receive a packets back.

Do we have to run the NVCC_RGMII port at 2.5V in order for gigabit Ethernet to work?  Or do I have a driver issue.  I modified the current micrel driver to recognize the ksz9021 as the ksz9031 since that are similar.  Are there any patches that will support a KSZ9031 phy?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

vicpandit
Contributor II

Alex - could you give some more details on how you went about getting this issue fixed?

I seem to be hitting similar issue:

https://community.nxp.com/message/835149 

0 Kudos

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. i.MX Community) to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion?

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

0 Kudos

RobertA
Contributor I

I setup a simple 10baseT network with my PC as 192.168.1.38, the IMX6 as 192.168.1.21, and single board computer SBC as 192.168.1.1.  My PC is running a packet sniffer and it can see pings being sent to the SBC and my PC without any issue.  When i have the IMX6 send pings to either the SBC or my pc, the packet sniffer doesn't detect any network traffic.  However on the hub shows the IMX6 has TX activity on it.  And when it pings the SBC I see the SBC also blink that it is receiving packets.  When i ping the IMX6, from my pc or SBC,  i get timeout request.  However when i run ifconfigs -a eth0 on the IMX6 I see it updating the RX packets every time i ping it.  So i know it relieving the packets.  Does this sound like a hardware or driver issues?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This case is now closed. Alex worked with Micrel and they found a skew issue on the RGMII bus.

There is additional driver an application notes information for this PHY on Micrel's website which may also be useful for other users using this PHY.

0 Kudos